• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite cooking shows

Anyone got any favorites? Or even watch them at all?

America's Test Kitchen & Barbecue University w/Steve Raichlen on PBS are good. Also like to watch re-runs of the original Iron Chef Japan on FLN & Iron Chef America among other shows on Food Network.

Probably watch "Good Eats" the most, but "Diners, Drive ins, and Dives" is good. Anytime they do BBQ competitions, I try to catch those. Although not really cooking shows, I like "Man vs Food" and Andrew Zimmern's Bizarre Foods.

The first Rachel Ray show I watched was titled "first date food" or something like that. She made her boyfriend chili dogs. I thought that was pretty awesome, plus she is easy on the eyes, somewhat grin

Good Eats ofcourse Dinner Impossible And Diners, Drive Ins and Dives.

Rachale Ray's novelty wore off and now she just talks to much but she still is adorable.

Oh yea 1 more America's Test Kitchen on PBS ranks up there with Good Eats.

I watch quite a bit of Food TV, I really enjoy cooking and have a bunch of restaurant experience...

Iron Chef America is one of my favorites. I would love to have competed against some of the yahoo's I worked with in kitchens, lol

Good Eats is full of information. Alton can be a bit anoying at times but I like the show. Lots of stuff on there about the chemestry and why of cooking

Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives is a great show. It actually gave me alot of ideas for specials to try at the last place I worked.

Some of the "reality" shows are entertaining also. Top Chef and Next Food Network Star are good. I really like Chopped - thats the one where they give 4 chefs random surprise ingredients for meal courses then eliminate one chef after each course.

Bobby Flay's shows especially the early grilling shows were great. They got me makeing my own marinades and sauces. Lots there about balancing flavors...

Good Eats and anything with Guy Fiere.I agree on getting lots of ideas from D,D,and D.....Have to guess on the measurements most of the time.I love Good eats but usually DVR it and speed through some of the idiocy.

Quote:
I like Everyday Italian (not just for the cooking though :-))

Sand...Duh --- Giada De Laurentiis --- the only thing yummier than the food she cooks is her! grin

Alton Brown Rocks!!! He makes a lot of stuff Id be willing to eat without spices Ive never heard of..

Everytime rachel Ray says YUM-O, I want to pull out my hair

I wonder how long Gordon Ramsey would be able to put up with her.