• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Summertime Stuff

Anyone do anything good this weekend? Kinda quiet here, Beth and I did go up to the Ithica Farmers market on saturday. Quite the place - all kinds of produce, foods, crafts, and stuff.

AW - you guys would really enjoy the market...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to Vans for some refreshments after an early dh on Saturday and then continued at the Utica Mannechoir Saturday night, for the Germanfest, good food and drink. wink Recovered Sunday and had another dh later at 4 p.m. Off tonight and games solid the next two weeks.

Had Katies 4th bday party sat. All went well. We surprised her with her own little play house out in the back yard. As usual when the sun went down things got silly. DJ buddy showed up with his guitar and did some songs for us cool. Then of course those of us that had been partaking in beverages all day had to start our own sing along. sicksick. Doug and Vanessa pulled in round 1130 or so and hung out for a bit. Fun was had by all. My partner and I ran the pits all day long. Nobody could touch us grin. Looking to have a small shoe throwing contest so if anyone is interested let me know and we can have a gathering here and see just who throws the best shoes.. smile

I have been known to throw a shoe or two.

Usually it gets ugly and I hit someone in an undesirable spot cry

We always say we are going to have a get together...well, it probably will never happen. With that being said, that doesn't mean that a few of us can't do several small get togethers.

Peace out Ladies whistle

I scammed out of work yesterday early and headed down the Delaware to even the score with some trout. Overcast and some rain around had some blue-winged olive hatching when I got there and it didnt take long and I was into a nice one. About a 17 inch wild rainbow and he was full of it, clearing the water numerous times. That was the end of that hatch till about an hour before dark some Isonychinia's(Iso's) started to pop. This hatch has always gotten the best of me. They dont come off in big numbers but enough to get fish active, plus they are a good sized bug. I think I finally found a pattern that I now have some confidence in as I landed 4 more trout. Nothing big but two 10 inchers and 2 14's. Plus I missed/lost another half dozen. Awfully nice catching fish on something I created plus the confidence always helps. I'll post some picts later...

Heres a few pictures from yesterday...

A nice bow, these things are wild and awesome. Kinda like small steelhead, and on a 5wt flyrod you got your hands full. This guy jumped 3 times, once he was only about a foot out of the water but I bet he traveled 6 feet. I was all alone minus 3 drift boats that came by me. One boat was maybe 50 yards above me when I hooked this fish, they were excited to see the jumps...

p7213036.jpg

p7213038.jpg

p7213043.jpg

It was beyond dark when I left the river, there was bugs hatching and fish eating. Was a little spooky crossing the river in the dark and climbing back to the car but I didnt see any boogie men eek

p7213048.jpg

Well, another victory for the trout. I hit the river yesterday and it was tough. Got rained on a tad and almost no bug activity at all. I did miss three hits though but they seemes real small.

When the front came through it was really neat, which made the evening...

p7243055.jpg

p7243056.jpg

The picts are nice but barely do it justice, there was some really cool rolling thunder to go with the scene also...

p7243060v.jpg

p7243066.jpg

After the storm...

p7243069.jpg

Went out on Oneida last Sat and we did pretty good. We ended the day with putting in the boat 32 Bass, 27 being 14" and up, also had 9 eyes with 6 being 17" or more with the largest being 22.5". We trolled for the first 3 hours without a hit (I'd rather watch paint dry or grass grow before I get stuck doing that again anytime soon!) When trolling failed we went to some spots I had marked on my GPS and got into the Bass and Eyes.

Jay - Nice chatting with you bro. New security requirements on the puter means no viewing pictures at work mad Was in Canastota for the NY State Final for District 9 Little League Major Softball 12U final last night at 5 p.m. Congrats to Pearl River as they came from behind 7-6 in there last at bat to win 11-9 over Chatham. East Regional is in Albany which starts Friday, twelve east teams from the eastern seaboard for the right to go to Portland, OR for the finals which will be aired on ESPN 2.

Back on the diamond again tonight double headers for me Thursday, Friday, Saturday and 4 games on Sunday, it's crazy right now but the light at the end of the tunnel is starting to show itself.

Listening to Timmy tell us about teams we have "0" clue about, or places in the state where only Sheep and Toads wear lipstick, reminds me of the last time I went trolling crycrycry

kidding Timmy...I know how much you enjoy this time of the year. You really enjoy the sport of Baseball or Slow Pitch Trolling crazy

Are you making it to the SHOE TOSS!!!!??????

It would be nice to see you out of your Red Timmy Toe Suit for once bro. It's good to see and hear about all of your Familt travels over the summer...you do take advantage of a lot of the wonderful things there are to do in the Down Time Months grin

Listening to Timmy tell us about teams we have "0" clue about, or places in the state where only Sheep and Toads wear lipstick, reminds me of the last time I went trolling crycrycry

Doug - you must be referencing "Chatham" laugh

My legs are hurtin big time. this little 12 U girl got caught in a run down between first and 2nd and the plate umpire took his sweet @ss time coming up to give me a hand on the first base side, thought I was gonna have a stroke after that, geez. crazy

Sorry bout the softball mush mind lately fella's it's the nature of the beast right now...

Finally got the Grumman back on the water yesterday. My buddy and I tried Lake Moraine (south side)for the first time in a boat. Found my favorite bumps down by the dam. Made several drifts and marked lots of fish and got a few nibbles but couldnt catchem. Decided to try the shore lines and 10-15' areas for some sewer perch but came up empty handed there aswell. Nice day on the water but no fishies..

I fished with USMC Steve and his friend Tom(digger) last night after dark 1 short walleye and 1 silverbass.We found bait in a couple spots but no fish underneath them.It was good fishing with you steve hopefully you will be able make it to the gathering.

Been pre-fishing and putting and average of 20+ walleyes in the boat in a 3 hour trip. We did 34 last Sunday and went to our main spots today from 12 - 2pm and boated 13 legal eyes with 4 of them pushing the 25" mark. The boat house tourney is tomorrow 7am - 4pm and is $30 per team if anyone is interested. We've also been pulling some boards with good results but the secret lure has been the ticket to success.

Haven't even touched the bow and with pop-warner football that started last week it's going to be a long early fall, I'm coaching again and it just eats up so much of our time.

Yea I love coaching the kids and seeing them develop over the season.

We took third on Sunday, the fish and mother nature did a 180 on us but we managed to put 17 in the boat and put the 6 biggest in the livewell. We could have won if our 2.65 lbs fish didn't die and we brought in our sixth (smallest) fish that weighed 1.45. All our fish were good cookie cutters 18 - 19" fish but we just lacked the one big kicker fish over 3 lbs but it was fun.

Frank, we'll have to get together so I can show you the magic.

Who's going to the weigh-in for the Bassmasters this week / weekend? I usually go so if you decide to go give me an email and I'll shoot you my number.