• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Summertime Stuff

Let me know if anyone wants some does down and I'll get a permit for the area and shoot them with the bow... smile I can't promise anything about a big buck coming by though but he'll have to be pushing the 130" mark so those 3 1/2 deer will be safe... smile

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A day late on the weekend report but I was wiped out yesterday. Had a real nice trip up the lake - relaxed was the main project for the weekend. Windy on friday and sat with a few stray showers but sunday was beutifull. About 20 of us around up there and a bunch of kids, everything went well except one seperated shoulder while tubeing on friday, not me. But he got to spend about 6 hours at the er as we could not re-set it...

This was a state job with 3 supervisors for putting on the boat cover...

013pye.jpg

Got nipped by a storm on friday that made for a nice sunset...

025yss.jpg

Saturday was set up the rotisery smoker and cook some cajun injected turkeys and some pork butts - beverages manditory. Pork butts are always good but I was surprised by the turkeys. They look charred and I figured they'd taste like burnt wood but they were good, even when sober...

052rzq.jpg

Heres my little buddy for the weekend. AW - he's the couples youngest son that came up pre-valentins day with us...

200cls.jpg

He was our wake-up call. Yep, sittin on my chest at 7am. Followed by and hour of wrestling...

190czx.jpg

I was his favorite raft...

129hfc.jpg

He wanted me to take him fishing on sat in the worst way but with the wind it was near impossible off the dock. I explained to him that the fish had tummy aches from the waves and if it calmed down at the end of the day we could try. Right before dark he comes up to me and says "Uncle jay, could we try fishing, the waves are low"?

148llb.jpg

It didnt take long and he got to reel in some sunfish and perch. All the kids that wanted to got to...

153neh.jpg

Lots of fireworks around the lake on sat. We had a solid display ourselfs. They could be about the most dificult thing to photograph... I finally found the right setting and got a few decent picts...

175bug.jpg

180vct.jpg

Back to the real world today...

Jay...awesome...is all I have to say grin Nice Pics!!!!

I spent the 4th with my Archery dealer and his direct nuclear family crazy We had a great time. It was all about the kids...Our Family met another great family...I still don't get discounts mad Kirk and I are already on a mission to pinpoint Bambis father whistle

Lee...it's good to hear of your success on the "Big O" this season. Please let me know if Franky can't make it to the NAIFC championship...I have been known to fill in once in a while cool

BTW...Timmy, how are you...again, thanks for the call! I don't own a Lund, but I do have a Marcum LX_5 whistle

Nice pics Jay cool didn't get much fishing in this past weekend the wind was brutal any where you were.

AW,I called and left a few messages the message you left me on my cell was broken up pretty bad. The next evening if it don't rain or the wind isn't blowing 100mph Im going after some nocturnal fish will be out most of the night wink.

Fireworks are incredible, nice shots man. Looks like your little buddy out drank you with that lap shot laugh Lay off the Capri-Suns laugh Do you think we could have had a bit more wind this weekend? Busy at work still have leaks here and the fire inspector paid us a visit.. Looking forward to Friday and Hershey this weekend.

Doug did you ever get that riding mower?

Fished the east end of Oneida again yesterday afternoon in the Grumman. Great wave action cool But very little in the way of fish confused. Found a couple of eyes and perch to put in the live well, (gave em a ride back to the canal) whistle. I think its time to hit some new waters and find some fish!!!

Callie- not sure yet I have to take him over im guessing 27"

DOH!!! I forget mamma and I are midgets. The bow I have is my wifes. 23-25" draw. If anyone is looking for a bow for a woman or youth let me know.

Callie- Im sure there alot of people looking for that small a draw try posting it on the OZcraigslist lmao

I see you still have your wise arse sense of humor Chris.

Give me a call Bro. It's time to start scouting hard out back!

what kind of bow is it?

Its a Champion Falcon. Bought it for my wife and she got preety good with it and took her bow hunters safety course in hopes of hunting with me.. Its in great shape. 50lb max draw weight, true glow 3 pin fiber optic sight and savage rest. 6 carbon enforcer arrows.

Heres a couple pics.

100_1677.jpg

100_1680.jpg

That's a nice little bow...too bad it's not a Mathews(Catch us if you can) cry

When you come over next week Callie, please bring it. I will want Vanessa shoot it. If it doesn't fit...we can use it for kindling crazy

Call me tomorrow Callie...seems I ask that a lot from you guys and here I sit whistle

ThunderDung...I didn't get the message until you made the post stating you called. The little one is old enough now to use the phone, so she thinks mad Oh, well, you have to appreciate her for sure. If she doesn't recognize the 3 numbers we allow her to answer...she just feels free to mess with the answering machine, thinking she is helping crazy

Matthews smatthewes - alot of hype and advertising. Dont get me wrong, nice bows but if you can shoot, you can shoot. Some bows just fit some people better. p.s speed does not kill, accuracy does...

Douglas - The little monster not passing along messages may explain why you havent called? On another note sorry I missed your call. We were down the camp from friday afternoon till now...

I'll get some picts up later...

Thank you DC. I do agree that they make a great bow for those that can afford it. And yes they are extremely fast. My buddy bought one last summer. Then defaulted on his mortage laugh. in the same month. LOL. God bless those that can buy one...

Were heading back home in a little bit after three beautiful days in Hershey, PA. We did the Choclate Factory 3D tour, the zoo, botanical gardens and yesterday was the theme park full from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. as far ar rides go...Fahrenheit 911 is the best/scariest ride I have ever been on on. that weightless freefall feel and the the blood rush to your bottom reaches has gotta feel like your pulling 12 G's anyway. Rosa, Amanda and I are coming back home sometime later this morning. Hope you guys had a great weekend. We had a blast!

Sounds like a great time with the family, Timmy smile

As far as Bows go...NONE of them are cheap now a days. I shot several different BOWS (Diamond, PSE, Hoyt,Bowtech...etc) and I really liked what I bought. All the Higher End Bows are all priced very similar. I did a private catering to pay for mine. Otherwise...I would be using a sapling and kite string crazy

The main reason I got the DXT is the 29.75" Limb to Limb. I can maneuver it real easy. As far as speed...maxed out it is 322FPS. I don't shoot that, I agree that speed doaesn't kill. Accuracy does. But that SPEED sure is FUN cry

It was awesome and we hit the Indian Echo Caverns on the way home and it put's Howe's Cavern to shame. The tour was very informative and the scary stories the guide told had the kid's on edge but they ended up laughing at the end. Amanda got to do some old-time prospector panning and found some nice gemstones the windmill sleuse was real cool.

Anyway were back home relaxing.

Sounds like a great time with the family, Timmy smile

As far as Bows go...NONE of them are cheap now a days. I shot several different BOWS (Diamond, PSE, Hoyt,Bowtech...etc) and I really liked what I bought. All the Higher End Bows are all priced very similar. I did a private catering to pay for mine. Otherwise...I would be using a sapling and kite string crazy

The main reason I got the DXT is the 29.75" Limb to Limb. I can maneuver it real easy. As far as speed...maxed out it is 322FPS. I don't shoot that, I agree that speed doaesn't kill. Accuracy does. But that SPEED sure is FUN cry

DOUG!!!!! I just called and left another message..does anyone actually live there?? Headin out with the grumman in the am. If ya wanna go gimme a call!!

Timmy - nice trip, that place is alot of fun. We were down there last summer, I cant remember the names of all the rides but this one got to me...

094srh.jpg

They crank you up the left side then release you into a fast double loop with a twist or two, then do it in reverse. It didnt look bad but was the last ride of the day for me...

Calli-mon - Ahhhh, horseshoes; the greatest drinking sport ever invented. Nice looking pits. My best friend back in HS had the nicest pits going. They were built big and wide which eliminated those "off the wood" lucky bounces. We even added lights, only problem with that was he lived where the mosquitos were so bad there was times you could not be out there. We have pits down at camp also, heres tank with some slow-pitch form...

064wky.jpg

We had a nice weekend down to camp - we had a family day where most of the guys brought wifes, kids, n significant others. Tank, Beth, and I went down friday and got the grass cut, grilled some venison filets, consumed a few margiritas, had a campfire, oh and snuck in a few hours of fishing. Tank picked up 4 eyes and I got schooled by 3 trout...

019yob.jpg

Sat morning dad and I went after some eyes for a few hours. The fish were real active as we caught 20, all 16 to 18 inchers. We did get 2 keepers just over 18 - annoying limit of 3 fish over 18. I'd rather keep 15 inchers than 20's mad

026npv.jpg

035kpk.jpg

034u.jpg

We had 37 people there sat for a "bring a dish to pass" and burgers n dogs cookout. About a dozen stayed over sat night...

Todd, Ill paint the stakes pink for you since you throw from the ladies line gringrin.

DC ya just cant play horseshoes with out a cooler right handy. These pits are 45 x 33 with the pads 47 x 18 with the additional 16" deep pad on the back. I made them to NHPA regs with 1" cold rolled steel 36" long with 14" of that buried in a 5 gal bucket of concrete. The only thing I didnt get perfect is the 12 degree andle on the stakes. Since i dont have a drill press to get the angle I used a speed square. I managed to get 9 degrees, so im hoping they work out. Will work on the lights thru the remainder of the summer months..

Nice pics of the fish by the way...