• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

KOTC St Croix Channel Cat Upgrade

SteveD

I can feel all you guys breathing down my neck trying to bump me from that 5th place spot on the Green Channel Cat KOTC Board. I managed a little breathing room tonight - at this stage of the competition every point counts.

I picked up a 33" X 18" = 51 point channel cat at 11:30pm Thursday night on a jumbo 7" bullhead. I was fishing for flatheads and this guy just hammered my bullhead. I thought he was a small flathead until I netted him and he went nuts all over my boat.

It was a beautiful night to be on the water.

33X185125Jun09.jpg

Wish I could have been out tonight...but I had car troubles and didn't get out to the Bullie pond until it was too late.

But Steve I know how you feel being in the 5th place spot about to get bumped out. Hopefully I can upgrade my smallest Flat now (44.5" x 25.5"). Nice upgrade Channel Cat, I should really target them occasionally.

Originally Posted By: SteveD

a jumbo 7" bullhead

What was the girth on that pig... No not the cat.... the Bully....

And how does the JUMBO compare in relation to the "Barely Legal"

grin

He was 7" long if you use my elastic tailor tape to measure him. He was a bit beefy too and when I casted him out he was so strong that he kept pulling clicker runs. I almost missed the cat picking him up and running because I thought it was just the bullie again. He was making so much racket down there I'm not surprised something came looking to see what all the commotion was about. I love those kind of bullheads,