• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Camping Games for the family.

Pickelfarmer

Anyone have any Ideas of any games/activities for a family to enjoy while camping. I know there are alot of games that you can buy and We have a few of them. I was just wondering what (Other then fishing, sitting around the camp site, biking) do most people do when they camp. Not saying I don't enjoy these things I was just looking for other ideas.

I camp mostly in the BWCA so weight and bulk is an issue. We usually bring a deck or two of cards, paper and pens to keep track of scores, Yahtzee minus the box it comes in and some craft stuff my daughter is into. She's ten so it's a bit easier to entertain her than a two or three year old.

We read a lot:) I come from a big family of readers, and even though the kids aren't big video/computer users at home, it's nice to get them away from all things electronic and see them with thier nose in a book:)

So many great ideas. Just to let you know we went camping over the 4th and had a blast thanks to you guys on here. We Did bring a frisby and Yahtzee. I made a little box and we had some bean bags to throw at a hole in the top of the box. We also had a few on the fly games that I looked up on the net.

one thats an easy one is a Baseball and gloves.. We had a blast playing catch.

Another is an old Bike tire inertube and a couple stakes in the ground a few feet apart,(With a Three year old and Five year old they were about 15 ft apart. play kind of like hourse shoes.

one things for sure. you guys helped us to have alot of fun things to do during our camping trip weather rain or shine. Thanks again.