• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

trout reports?

troutsy

I've been getting a few small trout out of Big Watab this winter, but I have never gone anywhere else in the winter for trout. Has anyone been fishing Christmas lake, Little Mud, or Courthouse pond this winter. I,ve been thinking about trying one of the places, any info on if they are biting, or what people are catching them on would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the site Troutsy.

Xmas has been slow so far, but courthouse has been good. As the weeks go by the fishing in Courthouse will slow because the trout get cleaned out of there.

Xmas has been slow for some, but for me its been hot. I've already caught 3 trout out of there so far. Saddly two I caught were out of season. The best bait for me so far has been crappie minnows hooked with a tear drop.

Good luck fishin.

I was up on Kremer Lake on Highway 38 north of Grand Rapids today. I ended up punching about 20 holes and on the last hole I cut, I caught a 14" splake on a marmooska jig w/ waxworm. The funny thing is, I also had a 3/8 bell sinker attached because I was checking the depth to set up a bobber rig. LOL I no sooner found bottom, got my slip knot in the right spot, and wham! I couldn't believe it, but it's like the second time that's happened to me. I then missed another one. Oh well, one is better than none. I was fishing the shorelines in about 12 feet of water.

Brian