• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wisconsin may extend fall season in 5 of 7 zones.

DonBo

Fall Turkey Seasons to run statewide Sept 12 – Nov 19

Proposal to extend season in selected units awaiting review

MADISON – The Department of Natural Resources wishes to clarify the dates and season structures for the 2009 Fall Turkey Season.

The September 12 – November 19 Fall Turkey Season will take place in all 7 of Wisconsin’s turkey management zones.

A proposal to add an extended fall turkey season running November 30 to December 31 currently is under legislative review. If approved the

EXTENDED season would take place ONLY in turkey management units 1-5.

For additional information on 2009 Fall Turkey Seasons please refer to page 17 in the 2009 Wisconsin Small Game Hunting Regulations which

are also available online at http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/wildlife/regs/.

Interesting, I don't know how many hunters would take advantage of turkeys in Dec but if they do it could be fairly easy pickings with an early winter/snow and food source available to hunt. Its a debatable move, especially with such large units. Unit 4, for example, has plenty of ag areas where the birds did pretty well through rough winter but also forest areas that took a hit. I just hope they don't go overboard with turkeys like they have with deer.

I just hope they don't go overboard with turkeys like they have with deer.

I don't believe the fall season will have much of an impact on populations, but you do have a good point there.