• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where do you go when it's hot

Wish-I-Were-Fishn

I've heard some guys switch to river fishing because it is more consistent, is that true?

I think when they say rivers are more consistent, folks are speaking about the effects of short term weather fluctuations on the bite. The river is buffered from pressure swings more than lakes, so they are less effected. Good bites will be more consistent, not fluctuate day to day so much - you'll have a hot week or few weeks, then maybe it gets painfully slow like anywhere.

Lots more variety of fish in most rivers, that helps too.

Do you change the waters you fish during the summer, or do you stay on the same lake and change location?

I've heard some guys switch to river fishing because it is more consistent, is that true?

I'm always changing lakes regarless of the temp and it's pretty much the same wherever you go.

Usually deeper fish will be active longer during the day but those shallow bites can get pretty hot at first light and last light.

Example: We fished this past Tuesday from about 6 to 10 pm in that God awful heat and humidity and we stayed shallow. We caught next to nothing until about 9 pm - then we had plenty of action around the shallow weed clumps.

Seemed like they were hiding out buried in the clumps until the edge came off the sun then came out for a bite to eat. smile

Fish the shade and tight to the junk in hot weather if you fish shallow.

I launch out of Prescott. I can hit the Croix from there. That also sits on Pool 3. Usually right around Prescott is good. You can go south down to the Dam, that is where pool 4 starts. If you go to the DNR HSOforum, you can check out the maps that show you the different pools and such.