• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Coolers

blarkey

the best one I've found is the coleman extreme!! I'm on my second one and love them. it helps to keep them in the shade and you will naturally go through more ice on 90 degree days vs 60 degree days. good luck, I got my new "vikings" extreme cooler for x-mas!!

We use a cheaper large igloo for camping food and it works well. All the meat we bring we put in frozen and have large "ice pucks" to fill in the gaps made from water-filled cool whip bowls. That will last 2.5 to 3 days before we have to add ice. What helps also is to have a separate cooler for drinks and other items you access often. That way you're not opening the food (meal) cooler so often.

I like the Extreme. We keep beverages in one with cubes and a couple frozen milk jugs. The jugs were still mostly frozen after four days this past weekend. Keep them out of the sun and wrap with a heavy blanket or canvas tarp for best efficiency.

I have an Extreme.. Love it. We keep the beverages in it. As deerminator stated above, have a separate cooler for food & misc.

Tip..Don't dump the melted ice water out unless you have to. You'll go through less ice keeping the water cold than you will trying to keep the air cold.

Just bought the extreem for this weekend

I like the Extreme. We keep beverages in one with cubes and a couple frozen milk jugs. The jugs were still mostly frozen after four days this past weekend. Keep them out of the sun and wrap with a heavy blanket or canvas tarp for best efficiency.