• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Jim W

3rd Annual Trout Day

Hey all,

Yes, this is very early, but what the heck!

Just so you can get it on your calender, my 3rd Annual Trout Day will be held on April 26th at Forestville/Mystery Cave State Park in SE MN.

If your coming from a ways out, might want to call and make reservations for a camping spot!
Agenda and more details to come!!!!!

PS> for those of you who attended last years event I am looking for an evaluation. What can I add, change or omit???(other than the weather!LOL)

Merry Christmas!

Jim W

Jim

Any updates as to what your goin to have at Trout Days?

As the winter season for stream trout lakes is comes to a end, and I'm starting to think more and more about fishing my favorite trout streams.

Hey Rennenberg,
For sure there will be at least two seminars one on fly-fishing and one on spin fishing.
Haven't heard back from the boys down at the Lanesboro fisheries office yet.

I would like to create an impromptu hour or two of actual fishing into the day if we run dry of DNR assistance etc. MINN AQUA can't committ until a lot later, in response to the current state funding situation.

If there any ideas for topics or agenda items people would like to see, I am all ears(I guess eyes for the internet eh?).

There will be enough to do to keep everyone entertained until the door prizes are handed out at the end of the day.
(Need to be in attendance to win any prize)

Thanks for asking! Been busy with my other job and a newborn, so a little behind right now.

Keep the rods bendin'!!!

Jim W

Rennenberg and all,

Just got off the phone with the Lanesboro fisheries people! A tradition of Trout Day has been the electro-fishing demonstration.
They have committed again for tis years event!!
Along with the demo they are lanning providing a biological perspective on trout.
So bring the questions people!

Jim W

jim w i have never actually seen electro-shocking take place, sounds cool i hope to make it.was there any pigs shocked up the first couple of years?? ill have some questions, thanks for the info.

smellzalilfishee

smellzalilfishee,

I'm glad you asked that. This year Steve K. from the Lanesboro office suggested we move this years demonstration to a new localle.

THe area we tried the first couple years was a matter of convenience, thus a section of stream not well suited for larger fish. However, fish were gathered and the demonstration successsful.

SO this year we will be either hoofing it or driving a tad to a better stretch of stream, hoping for larger trout!!

I was blessed with a new girl. I now have one of each. Couldn't feel any bettter about that!!

Look forward to meeting ya!!!

If I am busy that day, who cares, make sure you pull me aside for some fishing talk!!!!

Jim W

April is approaching people! I hope you have it marked on your calendars!!?

Fly-fishing seinars, spin-fishing seminars, DNR fisheries presentations, and FREE door prizes for attendees!!!

Keep the rods bendin'!!!

Jim W

I am pleased to announce that Kathy Beaulieu from the DNR's MINN AQUA will be presenting again at this years Trout Day.

Her program is geared toward educating our youth in outdoor related topics.
SHe teaches a broad range of topics, so part of my job will be to pick a couple.(yet to be determined).

So yes, as always, Kids are welcome at Trout Day! Most of the educational materials will be for children from grade 3 on up! However, if you want to bring younger feel free!!!

For those who attended last year, did you like tying flies? That is an option, not sure yet.

See ya all on the 26th of APril

Keep the rods bendin'!!!!

Jim W

Jim:

How can I get info on how to reserve a spot for the 3rd Annual Trout Day.

Cherndog

Cherndog,

Are you referring to camping in the park? Head to the DNR HSOforum, go to State Parks, then click on Forestville/Mystery Cave State Park.

Otherwise, no registration is needed to attend Trout Day. Just show up!

See ya there!!!!

Jim W

I reserved a camp site for the weekend and it shows about 30 or so sites left for anyone thinking of making a reservation.

See ya all there!

There were 33 sites left. Now there's only 32 sites left. wink.gif

------------------
"Study to be quite"

All right people the door prizes are coming in!
Don;t miss out on this opportunity to meet other fishing folk from FM and elsewhere.

Also, can't win any of the statewide guided fishing trips unless you attend.

Registration and morning howdy do's begin at 8:00am

Jim