• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kokanee Salmon

bry c

Yup. Live in Dillon, Dillon Valley and Silverthorne for 5 years. Man those Kokanee can pull! Great memories of the Resevoir, Blue River and Straight Creek. The company I wok for has an office in Denver and I want to figure a way to get sent there for a week. You can bet that I would find a way to get back to my old stomping grounds.

I had a great day fishing kokes on Sunday (22nd) here in Utah (Causey Res.) Was using a red glow devil, and for the vast majority of the fish, not even tipping it. I started out w/ a glow devil and a small rat finkee dropper tipped with a waxworm, but after the fish started to hit the glow devil as much as the waxie, I just took off the dropper. The key was finding the fish with the flasher, then drop the spoon into them. A friend and myself brought about 40 of 'em up thru the ice in about an hour and a half (admittedly, not typical, but just have to brag a bit about a good day!) Nonetheless, they were pretty easy once we found them. They seemed to be wandering in large schools, often the flasher would mark fish throughout nearly the entire water column.