• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

tackle addiction

mww24

I was just reorganizing my open water tackle for around the fifth time since opener. And I came to a realization that i am addicted to fishing tackle. Does anyone else have this yearning to buy as much as they can humanly afford and there wife or signifigant other will let them. just curious if I am the only one. I highly doubt that I am. Just a rant on a hot day. And by the way i'm the same with ice fishing as well.

I just loaded my boat today with all my rods as I'm getting ready for our family fishing vacation. I decided I have way too many. But there's always room for more. As for tackle, if I were still working, I'd have had to buy a new box. Well, probably 2 more. One more for musky lures and one for walleye.

Yep, me too! Don't ever decide to get species specific either as each species has a whole new selection that you will have to buy for. Salmon rods and tackle, trout rods and tackle, walleye rods and tackle it all comes with a hefty price..........but it sure is alot of fun!

Tunrevir~

If any of your kids are like me when I was growing up. Your children with thin your tackle box out when they get old enough to fish for themselves. Most of the lures from my dad, I "borrowed" and never gave back. all though he did give me a few. What a great way to start a tackle box!!!!! sorry dad!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm loving it everyone. This is like tackle AA i guess. (not to make addiction a joke I know it isnt). I totally know the species specific thing. luckily i only have bass walleye and panfish, probably soon to be muskie to. I also must note, that not only do i break down each species, but then lures to brands, i have rapala boxes cabelas brand crank boxes terminator spinnerait boxes then a strike king spinner bait boxes. i dont have enough storage in my boat for it all so theres boxes all over the place with cracked tops from getting stepped on when fighting fish. I'm almost at the new boat payment to store it all.

I gotta say since I developed the muskie bug, kick'n dope was the easy one- I just thinned out my collection, fortunatley for my brother(who always needs more) now has some extra poles- is it just me or does everyone like to have a rod/reel/lure for each specific depth and presentation? my wife just rolls her eyes at me now, at least fishing is a clean hobby, no worry of being arrested/going to jail

I only have Muskie, walleye and ice fishing obsessions, can't afford any more. I'm also looking at a new payment to fit all the gear. Maybe I should start guiding so I can write most of it off, that would be a heathly deduction.

I'm the same way. I have way too much "stuff" for my own good. Now, my best fishing buddie tells me he's hooked on Muskies...great, I have 0 Musky rods/reels/lures/nets/wire cutters/boxes etc... I think I just broke out in a sweat thinking about the $$$$ I'm going to be dropping to start chasing those critters. It never ends.....

im not really sure. every time I go fishing with my friends they always tell me I have too much gear. is it an addiction when other fisherman think you buy too much stuff?

Personally, I dont like not having what I want when I "need" it on the boat. Im one to throw every lure in my bag on every fishing outing.

I have been addicted to tackle for years. Have a special love for Rapala's. I also have 3 young boys who I am sure will be making lots of donations to the fish gods as they learn to fish so I pick up anything I can when I find it at the right price.

This year I came across a nice find of some locally made, very old laker spoons. I have now dedicated one box just for laker fishing.

Am taking up muskie fishing this year which I can see is going to be expensive.

Bought a fly rod and reel on clearance on Monday so I guess I need to start fly fishing as well.

Steve

Wow does this strike home!! My musky bug is really only 4 years old and I'm already scared about what is still to come. Our dad died last year so my brother and I have integrated all his stuff with ours and between the three of us and a combined 100+ years of fishing its amazing what is all there. That said, we've routinely thinned the collection down and passed underused lures to kids in the family, or neighborhood or whatever. It would be cool if Gander or someone would have a used lure bin that you could leave stuff in for underprivileged kids. Just cause I had to get six of the newest shiniest lures made this year doesn't mean the old school Rapala or Daredevil wouldn't work just fine for a kid who otherwise wouldn't have any fishing gear. Maybe some sort of a "Tackle for Tots" would be a good thing??

I will not admit to having an "addiction" to tackle. (I am addicted to caffiene, have been for years and can not break it.) I have a "healthy obbsesion" for fishing tackle.

I went fishing with Wanderer last night and on a Tuesday night, bringing a "handfull" of rods we ended up with.... 14 rods on the deck, two LARGE bags full of stuff, and a medium sized bag of plastics in storage. Then there were the rods in the rod locker....

Obsess much? blush

Ice fishing is worse. If my family gets together in the perm... We end up with close to 40! Set ups for 3 guys.

Another thing to consider is value. Someone snags a tackle bag out of your boat, you are out $1000.00+ easy. Winter or summer, its $1000.00 to $1500.00 to replace a tackle bag full of stuff.

Now that I am thinking about it, I need to make a Thorne run... I need.....

I second the , Tackle for tots idea.I have every thing from fishing rod and reels to old raps, spoons, ect. Maybe some sportsman club would like to sponcer a collection point we could drop off items at.

Now that I am thinking about it, I need to make a Thorne run... I need.....

Needed, two j-mac jigs....

I went home with a whole bag full of stuff. They have much to much good stuff that you cant get anyplace else. I got "ooohhh shinied" into an entire bag full of very big, very pokey stuff.

God I hate that store. wink