• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Last Minute Metro Trout

Dragon Fish ll

If anyone is interested in catching one more trout before the seasons over on Oct.31st. Heres a tip. the courthouse pond ar lake has lots of trout in it right now. Iwent there for the first time on Friday and saw lots of fish.But only caught a big skunk. follows all day,but that was it. mayby because they just planted the fish two days before, on the 16th. after my trip back sunday I believe it was because they were full by the time I got there at 2:00pm on friday. Sunday hook into many of those wiggly, jumping,squrrily little buggers.but only managed to get limit to shore. Oh well thats all I wanted any way. but hooked into about 20 or so. Tryed several small lures with hits on all but small silver red kast master was the ticket for me. Caught four on K master and one on waxie & bobber. these fish are nice and healthy for there size , 10&half to 15 inches were in my catch,all well fed. For those of you who dont know the courthouse is in Chaska. there going to plant three times as many after season closes so there will be fish for the opener. Oh almost forgot if you go, go early! L.O.L.

Glad to hear they are biting again! What part of the lake were you fishing? With the waxie & bobber, how deep down were you? I have found the trout in this lake to be extremely spookie. Since this lake gets some of the state's highest angler hours per acre, we should try and be hush hush.

Thanks for the info though!

Dragon
That was some gooood fishin! Season ends Thursday, so I am probably going to skip out on work tommorw to fish some more. I was back out on Sunday for the two hours before night fall, picked up 9 between 12" and 16". Had to keep 2 because they gutted it. There were 3 other guys out fishing yesterday, and from what I saw nobody else catching any. I was fishing that same spot we were at when you came over and shot the breeze with us. Hope to see you out there again before the season closes up.

James

We were out Saturday on the dock at Courthouse and got 7 'bows from 10 to 14 inches. Not bad for two guys fishing for only two hours. We were using waxies on a plain hook under a bobber.

tjhunter

All right. I saw you guys out there on the dock and wondered if you just gave up. I saw you pull one fish. but you were there before I got there. I was the guy who walked to the far end of the lake , back in the south forty. caught four and a crawdad. James the crew next to you on the little point all were doing well when I pack up around noon. would have had full limit but I think those trout are pros at spitting the hook. James nice going on those 12 to 16s when there 14 + there nice healthy little fighters as well as eaters. wish we could have seen the big one you almost had. Well Im done with the fun, but will be back in Jan.around the 15th.LOL

Dragon Fish II, thanks for the tip. I live in Elk River but work in Eden Prairie. My lunches have been car picnics the past few days on the way to the courthouse pond. I caught some last minute trout. Thanks again. By the way I don't know what a big trout in the pond is but I had about a 20+ incher hit the floating grasshopper and come all they way out of the water. Sure would have been fun on 4lb ultralight.

Skipped out on work Wednesday to hit Courthouse. The action was crazy after about 2 pm. Fish were smashing my #3 Vibrax. I would wait until I saw some surface activity, and then I would cast right into the ripples. I would reel in as fast as I possibly could, then when I saw a V behind my lure, I would slow it down to a crawl. Then WHAMO! I donated the fish I was catching to my buddy. He seemed like he was having more fun catching rocks, bushes, and trees so I concentrated on the trout for him. Earlier in the day another guy I was fishing with hooked into about a 20"er, he got it right up to shore but it took one last run into a downed tree and spit the hook. Hope to see you guys around Jan 15th!

James, if your referring to me as the the guy you donated the one fish to, I'll have you know that I caught 5 after you left over by my fail-safe spot within one hour. I threw 2 of them back since you gave me one and I caught the one while you were there. And come on, I never caught a rock.

Sounds like Courthouse will be better this winter than last?...I'll be there.

What are your icing techniques for these fish? I hadn't fished there for awhile until last winter but I used to do pretty good with Salmon eggs/hook in 6-10 feet out in front of the big cottonwood tree on the south side.

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

SO, you can still fish here?

Or is it closed? or can you not fish until it's iced over?

I fly fish and let all fish go, so not looking to keep anything....

????

Luke, It will be closed now until January (I don't know the date off hand) The ice fishing opener for trout on courthouse lake last year was pretty slow but I guess they are stocking plenty of trout.

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......