• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

hooking worms

Hook the worm 3 times or more. Your kind of limited as to different kinds of live bait. On designated lakes you can't use minnows. Other then worms I've never heard of anyone using anything else durong the open water season. I've used wax worms in the winter, but never during the open water season.

What areas of the state do you plan on fishing?

close to stillwater a lake if you could i dont find many rivers and streams productive for me unless you know of one where they eat mini marshmallows i have never seen one in my life id like to see one
thanks a heap

Sorry I'm late getting back to you. In a typical June the lake will thermocline by the opener in approx. 50-55', this year it was two to three weeks late. The fish were scattered and tough to catch. This time of the year the lake should be turned over by now. I never get up there this time of the year, my attention goes towards hunting. Ken

I grew up stream fishing trout in VT, and I'll share what I know. I didn't have a boat, but I'll give ya what I got -

Tumble a wadded angle worm on a #6 hook, with just enough of a split-shot to slowly sink it in the current.

1/2 a FRESH FAT crawler threaded up until you have a 1 1/2" tail

If you get a F A T crawler and a small hook (#6-#8), cut it in half and shove the curve of the hook down into the cut opening as far as you can using a smooth twig or somethin'.

Grass hopper wounded & floating - very effective

Sneak up on yer spot (use yer huntin' walk)- a current break at rock or log with deep dark hole behind it - and cast a little upstream. Let your bait tumblearound that rock, and keep the line almost taught. They hit more aggressively than a walleye, but spook off quickly. If you miss the first hit - you won't get a second try with the same bait.

TRICK - lay a branch in the stream about 20-30 feet up from your position and tie a rope to it. Before you cast up, drag the branch through the water. This will 'chum' the stream and the flotsam will alert the trout to food opportunity, but not to you.

Stream trout are a vital food source for raccoons, bears, mink, sable and ferrets - trout watch out above themselves and spook easily.

Good hunting

------------------
<)/////><{
RobertC