• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

It's been a year already

Dad has been gone since 1980 and is deeply missed by his 3 boys and wife of 40 years. Memories of trips to Leech Lake and growing up at a resort on Little Mantrap will be forever. The hunting and fishing was good. Please enjoy all the time you have with loved ones. We never know when our time together will end. He trapped, hunted, fished, until he couldn't get around because of cancer. Being in the outdoors alone always reminds me of him.

Tomorrow will be a year since my dad passed away. Boy do I sure miss him. frown

I hear ya. It's been a year and a half here and I think about him every day. I see a little of him in my 7 year old daughter and it seems to ease that twinge I get when I think about him. The first sentence in sandmannds reply is what I keep telling myself and it's what I told my daughter. Seemed to help her and I know it helped me.

Back in the mid eighties we had a foul up in our deer hunting party. My brother and brother in law bought licenses for first season and my dad and I bought season. Anyway come second weekend I shot my first buck ever on Saturday and on Sunday we went out and I shot my second buck ever. My brother had come home just to see how we did and he was leaving to go back to the cities at noon. We loaded up that buck and dad drove my 77 grand marquis 130 mph back to town just to catch my bro before he left to go home. We made it home just as my bro was pulling out. I think all the adrenaline I had coursing through my body was more about going 130 mph and less about my second buck. Good times.