• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Take Me Fishing!!!!!

Neighbor_guy

First I would like to say Happy Fathers Day to everyone that applies to... wink

This was the first Fathers Day weekend I got to spend with my daughter in the last 3 years and I have enjoyed every minute of it. Seamed like we were busy and have had someplace to be almost every minute of the weekend. And since my Grandparents are on their way to have dinner and watch the race this afternoon, Saturday was "Dads day".

So imagine my suprise when at 6:30 on Saturday morning I hear a little wispery voice... "dad..... daaaadddd...." "what goose?" "...(giggling).. Take Me Fishing!!!!!" grinlaugh That brings a smile to a guys face.

GEDC0119.jpg

It was her first outing of the year, and her first in the "new" boat and we had a BLAST!!! She used the rod and real I used when I was a kid so she could "be like dad". I told her she could have it when she got bigger and could cast it. This year she did. She casted out her own lines, and reeled in her own fish. We have an up and comer.

GEDC0117.jpg

Man thats fun! Take 'em fishing everybody, if you don't, who will?

I know what you mean, my son is at his moms ranch in se az right now. I was very lucky to be able to go for 2 wks earlier in the month. I do get to see him each week however he is at the age where we can go do things and enjoy it. I do miss him but wish everyone a happy fathers day.

That's an awesome story NG. I had to work 12 hours today, and was thinking how nice it would be to have my Daughter fish with me agian. She was always my fishin' buddy growin' up, and now she is 23. Last time I fished with her was probably 5 years ago up at Sag. We caught one fish that hot, windless, cloudless day. A 10 and a half pound Walleye that she reeled in. Priceless. I hope all Father's, and Mother's for that matter, had a good one. Junky.......

She's into it. Sometimes I think she likes the boat ride and the treats better than the fishing. You can see the cookie scraps laying on the side of the boat in the picture.

GO FAST DADDY!!!! Was her favorite fraze on Saturday.

She was happy when I came home with the "new" boat, but she cried when I sold the old one. I was not going to force her to fish, I would rather she want to do it. The attention span is a little short, only a couple three hours, so it is a find the fish and fish type deal, but she is 5, so that will get better.