• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

RA Dickey

zamboni

Jiggin Matt, I think the average fastball in the major leagues is around 88mph. I think Dickey throws his fastball about 82mph and his knuckle ball is somewhere in the 70's.

Who is talking about his 92 mph knuckle ball? I have not heard Richard or bert say that. Maybe Gladden or Gordon was drunk on the radio one afternoon and said that by mistake.

Crappies, do you watch the games? They are talking about his 92 mph knuckleball. They talk about how he is the only knuckleballer to throw it that hard.

do i watch the games? yes. every one on TV. a knuckleball cannot travel 92mph. knuckleballs travel between 55-75. wakefields sits in the first part of that range. there are only 2 pitchers that utilize the pitch in the bigs. 72, yes. 92........silly.

i just generally check this part of the board out quick after fishing reports. i am one of the moderators on the most active twins forum on the net, i just check all of them to scan for anything worth passing along.

Saying Dickey should get a start over Baker/Liriano (young players with huge upside who have been pitching well as of late) should get on Common Man's "Most Preposterous Statements of 2009"

Dickey has been a pleasant surprise but would you really take the sample size over his career numbers? He is almost 35 and this is the first time in his career his ERA has been under 5.2...(and its been half a season) 5.27 career. thats more than 1 run per 2 innings for those not wanting to do quick math.

I wish him the best and hope he keeps it up, but some of the suggestions here are more than a little silly.

Someone thought he could start................. 6-0!!

Also said several times he could be a starter. Our set up guy at that time was Guerrier or Crain and both were horrible at the time. Dickey was getting put in games when we were down and was put in for rightie/lefty match ups. Dudes better than that