• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Vermilion Area

Speckled

East Two Owens Creek has brook trout. Its just southeast of Tower. It runs around Tower. I've never fished it but it looks like it could hold a good number of brook trout. Its water comes from lakes so the flow is good year around and much of it is very remote, so all the signs point to a good brook trout stream.
The Dark river is a great river for brook trout from what I hear. It also has Brown trout in it, but for what ever reason they haven't taken the river over. The Dark is located northwest of Mountain Iron. Trout are found up stream of Dark Lake.
If you do fish one of these streams let us know how you did.

Thanks Renneberg, Now that you mention it I have heard of the Dark River - i just couldn't think of the name. This past memorial while we were up there, I fished the West Two - on 2 seperate occasions - no luck at all - creek chubs. I think if we go up there this memorial - I'll give the Dark River a try though. I've heard good things about it.