• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bait

Harpooner where do you plan on fishing for trout. In a creek, river, lake, or pit? If we know more about where you were fishing then we could help you more on what baits to use for trout.

In lakes jigs tend to be the lure of choose for me. Jigs no bigger then 1/8 ounce. Twister colors that have worked for me a natural colors like blacks, browns and sometimes white. Size of jig is determend by the size of trout. For trout under 20 inches a 2 or 3 inch twister works best. Over 20 inches a twister as big as 5 inches can work great. By now the trout are deep because of the water temp. In the spring and fall look for trout less then 10 feet of water. Keep in mind they are very spooky, so long cast, or fish with a bobber, and light line are a must. When there deep like they are now use a fish finder to find the trout. Once found vertically jig over them or again use a bobber. When fishing with a bobber a worm works best. They tend to eat the worm fast so set the hook once the bobber goes down. If you keep missing trout then give them just a few seconds longer to eat the worm.

Johnson silver minnows work good for me. Let them sink a little off the cast to get some depth and then troll. If all else fails, you'll at least come up with a decent sized Northern!

Row Show