• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Trout-Northfield

Has anybody had any luck fishing the canon river around northfield?

Hey Harty, I have never personally fished it, but a guy "MNSportsman" posted several spot in that area, I'll look to see if I can find that info.

Also there was an article in the startrib in early april about trout up in the vermillion river. Might be worth a shot.

Thanks for the reply, I have fished on the vermillion and a stream right west of Northfield. Caught some rainbow and brooks, nothing with any size. Just looking for a place to drop the line. Any info would be great.

Here is that post, Thanks MNSportsman.

posted 04-08-2002 12:11 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After looking at your location in your profile, I'll give you a few that are close & you can work your way downstate. Some may not be "designated" trout waters on the map, but I assure you there are trout in each one I list, because I've fished them personally.
Some are stocked.But some also contain some "red-bellies".(what I call stocked trout that have gone native(survived a season to eat native foods, hence changing the inside belly/ribcages' meat darker.)
So , here are a few:

The Vermillion river.Try West of Farmington for sure, but downstream towards Empire & Hasting should hold some.

Trout brook from Miesville area to Big Cannon river.

Pine creek from HWY 52 area to Big Cannon.

The Cannon river downstream from the Lake Byllesby bridge.(harder fishing...Lower population but bigger fish)

The Little Cannon river from the Kenyon/Sogn area to Cannon Falls.(Little & Big Cannon meet there).<One of my favorites

There are more, but these are ones I didn't see on the S.E.Mn Trout streams map, & are fairly close to you. Besides... I'm beginning to get a little worried about the "word" getting out.Please be prudent about these...Shhhhh.... Please make sure to do some C&R please. I want my grandchildrens' children to be able to fish these waters too!

Remember, there are places to find trout where you wouldn't think they'd be. Many Sportsmans clubs used to stock streams years ago & their stocking locations aren't always made public.Flooding over the years has also created some fishable waters inadvertantly.(Big Cannon for example)
It also lets you do some exploring too. (please get permission if needed...

Welcome & Good Luck!
See ya out there!

------------------
Good Luck & Watch your bobber!
MnSportsman
Proud to be a member in good standing, of the
"Church of the Divine Wilderness"!