• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fuel tank fuel guage float

axlerod

my fuel guage on my 6 gallon steel fuel tank always reads empty. went to a marine dealer for a new float for the tank & was told none available. he said the ethanol fuel eats the sealer off the cork causing it to get saturated with fuel. has anybody out there found a suitable material to use as a replacement float? sure would be nice to have my fuel guage working.

I agree with Chris...

But, if you're set on keeping the tank...

I'm not certain what your float looks like, but you probably could make it work with a float from a electric sending unit.

But, by the time you buy one of those, strip the float off, you're at $20... and not too far from a new tank.

marine_man