• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best day in t-wolves history

mrklean

I was elated to hear this on the news. whohoo!! Kahn did the right thing. Wonder if all ties are severed...meaning no McHale working with the big men. Bill Lambeer resigned from the wnba, do you thnk he might be interested or wants to be considered? I am sure Kahn has a short list of candidates now that the nba season is finally over.

Mac did a good job with the players last year, but he’s still dealing with chopped liver, and apparently some members of the media have short memories because he created that roster. 13 years in the organization and there were way more boneheaded moves than good moves. If you or I made this many mistakes at our job, we would have been let goa long time ago. It’s nice to have a coach that players like but if you aren’t winning, who cares? I know the players, especially Jefferson and Love will miss him, but that roster is still a couple major pieces away from even competing so why have McHale hanging around like a stale fart? I guess Kahn told the media they have 6 major events on the horizon before they will be a competitive team: 2009 draft, 2009 free agency, the 09-10 trade deadline, 2010 draft, 2010 free agency, and the 10-11 trade deadline. That’ll be a long two years and even Kahn admitted you need to get lucky.

Sounds like Terry Porter, Sam Mitchell, Mark Jackson, Bill Laimbeer, Mike Fratello, and a couple others are being considered for the job. I wouldn’t mind seeing Sam Mitchell, since at least he’s won a coach of the year. Fratello’s won a lot of games too. T.P. is pretty raw, and Mark Jackson hasn’t even coached yet. Bill Laimbeer would be a McHale retread.

The bottom line: The wolves should have made this move when they had KG and some momentum. But the low expectations of this organization prevented that.

I agree, one run to the western conference finals does not make up for all the bad moves and decisions he's made with this team. The Joe Smith thing alone was inexcusable.

I read something on ESPN.com yesterday that said there were rumors the Wolves were considering trading Love to Memphis for the #2 pick. Would they take Thabeet with that pick? Otherwise, they'd probably be drafting two guards with picks #2 and 6.