• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hi everyone!

I was curious if anyone would give me some direction of where to go to find some fast pike action. I know the South Dakota DNR doesn't really promote pike fishing, so I can't seem to find much for information out there.

Any tips would be appreciated!

Avid

Avid,

There are several good pike lakes in the area. I usually stick in Marshall County, instead of Day County. The lakes in Marshall County get a lot less pressure. You can go to about any lake in Marshall county and catch a ton of pike. Simply cast Rapala husky jerk-baits into wind swept shorelines and you will have a blast. Here are some lakes to try. 1.) South Buffalo lots of pike, with some larger ones availabe 2.) Red Iron lots of pike in the three to five pound range 3.) Four Mile this lake also has great pike numbers

Hope This Helps,

Justin

small one called cottonwood right near Roy lake...right behind charlie's resort is full of them. caught a bunch casting spoons a couple summers ago. same area as buffalo and others mentioned.