• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trout Run-- North Shore Area Tributaries q's

Crawlerman

On the last week in may/ first week of June; me and a couple buddies are planning a camping trip on the North Shore at Pallisade head or Gooseberry Falls. I told the one organizing the trip that I want to fish as my primary reason for going, and I want to catch something that would taste good on the grill.

I know that the trout usually only enter these streams when they make runs in the spring and early fall-- I tried going Trout fishing in November a few years ago in said streams-- and caught nothing-- the only trout I even saw were under a bridge in a DNR sanctioned habitat-- no fishing ;(. The rest of the streams were completly deserted-- not even some small brook trout.

I don't have a large enough boat to tackle Superior-- so that's out of the question.

My question is this-- will there be trout (enough to be almost guarnteed to catch something..) this late in the year in the streams? Or should I try to convince him to go to Branierd so I can fish for something else on the Mississippi instead?

[This message has been edited by Crawlerman (edited 04-27-2002).]

Your a little to late for steelhead fishing. But you should have no problem catching brook trout. The key to catching brook trout up there is to get way off the road. Brook trout are easy to catch with crawlers and are cleaned out quickly near roads or places that are easy to access.

You might find a few in the rivers as cool as the weather has been you could try shore casting breackwall Two Harbors shovel point Tettegouch thereare several trout lakes inland for small boat or canoe with campsites or closeby