• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tonka?

Hey guys, so tomorrow or Thursday I'd like to head out to Minnetonka for my first time. Now I have experience musky fishing, and I know plenty about it, but I've never been on Tonka before, so I was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction? I figured since it's my first time I'd just work the largest weedlines in their bays, and then maybe work the breaks off the points or the humps in the bays? But I don't know which bays to hit! I'm not asking for "the dock with the blue sailboat four houses in from the point on the left side of ______ bay", just which bays hold weedlines, or some general ideas? That doesn't mean I won't appreciate as specific tips as you guys want to give lol! Also, any hot baits/techniques out there? One last thing, like I said I've never been there before, so which landings would you guys reccomend? If you could let me know what road they're on, so I could mapquest them, it'd be much appreciated too! Thanks guys!

Itai

if you are not doing anything tommorow nite [weds],,,thorne bros is having Bob Turgeon do a seminar specificly about "Minnetonka muskies",,,Bob is on tonka almost daily for years, he does a great seminar and gives away some very good info on muskie patterns that are currently working,,go to the seminar weds then hit the water armed with some good up to date info on thursday,,the seminar starts at 7pm,,worth the drive

Bob is a great resource, and that would be a great place to start. I think he has a video on there too that talks about fishing Tonka. We see him out there all time.

Our best luck has been on outside weedlines this year. Working plastics and glide baits. We have started to move more on bucktails lately so I would use them next. We have had the random blow up on topwater in the shallows but it hasn't been consistent like the outside yet.

If you know what launch you're going to maybe we could be of more help.