• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

need help on trouting

ethan77

Ok, there is a lake by my house that is very deep and has a load of trout in it. I ahve no down riggers and I can not toss a fly for the life of me..... how in the world can I go about catching these things? IS there a way I can just puta heave lead on teh end of the pole with a flasher (used in down rigging) and troll with it? I am kinda stupid when it comes to trout fishing so any help is a plus.
Thanks
[email protected]

Ethan77, this time of year the trout should be in shallow and easy to catch. Fish with crappie jigs or raps. Start out fishing the north side of the lake then make your way around until you catch trout. As the water warms the trout will move to the south end of the lake cause the water is colder.
A good old crappie rod should be all you need unless your after trout over 20 inches then you'll need a walleye rod.
The trout will come up shallow again in the fall when the water starts to cool.
If you need any more help just ask, I'll do my best.