• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bear Permits

I believe they cut the number of permits this year because of the average age of bears that were being shot were young bears. I think I read this in the DNR's report on last years season. I think their idea is to decrease the number of permits to decrease the possibility of smaller bears being shot. I think once they see older bears being shot, the permits will increase. I am not 100% sure on this though. Maybe I will read the report again and find out for sure.

i personally dont have much faith in the dnrs abitity to check age for bear. they said my bear last year was 1 year old. i have seen 1 year old bear and this one wasnt. also was told by a taxidermist he sent 2 teeth by the same animal results came back as 1 being 7 years old the other 3. saying that i can believe that the younger bears are harvested more easliy, but thats with any species.

I am getting antsy for the baiting to begin. Haven't applied in 5 years and I decided to this year and got picked. The only bad part is logging has been going on in our area and really ruined a few prime spots. Probably our best spots and now they aren't huntable.