• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Montana fishing trip?

Jimmy

I was wondering if anyone was interested in making a trip to montana with me this summer for a week to do some trout fishing. I Would like to get a small group of people to go, it would be the first week of July. I Thought about planning a drift boat trip down the Bighorn river and try fishing some other rivers as well as some alpine lakes. Maybe even hit a lake that has some golden trout. I have made many trips out there and I know my way around very well. The fishing is unbeatable and I guarantee you would have a blast.

Jimmy

My email is [email protected]. If you are interested in going I will be leaving on either the 28 or 29 of june and returning on probably the 7th of july. Later!

Jimmy

[This message has been edited by Jimmy (edited 06-04-2002).]

Dont forget the blackfoot jimmy,and the clark fork is definitly worth a shot!!!
Unfortunatly this trip is out for me already have vacations planned for the summer but ****,it woulda been a good time!!! Tileguy

I'de love to join you but I am tied up with work untill fall. I have fished Montana alot too and love the Dillon area. Maidenfly and the Big Hole is always worth checking out. I have some great pictures of my last trip with some nice Browns. I'm jealous. Have fun!

Beerbatter,
Have you ever fished Poindexter slough in the Dillon area. Never tried it myself but I know for a fact it is stcked to the gills with large trout. I think it is somewhere along the lines of seven thousand trout per square mile. Would be nice to have that kind of fishing here! Later.

Jimmy

Poindexter is a little South west of the big hole but it is part of the same flowage. That part of the flowage is very good. If you ever get a chance give it a try. Royale Wolf and hopper patterns seemed to work the best for me for top feeders. Stone fly's seem to be very affective too. I also tie up a fly of my own that looks like a common house fly and I use a little Ginx on it so it can slowly sink. The key is slowly. Cast into the riffle and let it move into the fast/slow edge and sink. The rainbows seem to really love it.