• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Catfish

Rick

Thanks delmuts.I would really like to try that but old man river is not going to let me this year.Ice went out on saturday,water is going over the banks here on thursday.I guess I can always try the tree tops grin.gif

The water temp is right to see a cat bite start very soon. A good idea would be to stock up on some suckers as bait. By chunking them and freezing them in milk cartons or zip-locks you are ready to go at a moments notice. Spring sucker run will be very soon so take advantage of the bait opportunity, fun fishing too. I manage to catch a mess of suckers with white twisters while fishing for post spawn walleye, good bait can be hard to find in days to come folks!

Go Piggy!

BE........><,,>

------------------
Backwater Eddy...><,,>

Backwater Guiding Service
><ED ON THE RED>
[email protected]
(701)-671-3079

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Ok River Guys,
are they started yet and do you have any tips for us?

Hey Backwater Eddy,

Could you go into more detail about the catfish rig you explained in your article about high water cats? I have an idea of what you are trying to explain but not exactly. If you had a picture of the rig a link to it would be appreciated. Sorry, but I often have to ask people to draw me pictures as I am not the sharpest hook in the tackle box.

I fish the Minnesota between Shakopee and Lesuer and this high water is killing me. thanks for all of the information. Good info on cats in Minnesota is hard to find and you are a wealth of it.

Thanks,

------------------
Go get 'em!
Beltsander

It is basically a 3-way rig with a drop loop made from a light duty steel leader attached to the 3-way swivel with a split ring.

Loop the leader through the drop weight and attach the clip to the leader at the split ring, this will alow the hollow wall tubing to role on the loop and the bottom.

Next set up your bait leader from the other open swivel eye, a 20-40 lb mono or Teflon coated Dacron leader with a 8 or 9 O/T circle hook and your ready to rock.

Sorry I have no illustration for you but if I can come up with one I will post it when I do.

------------------
Backwater Eddy...><,,>

><ED ON THE RED>
[email protected]
(701)-671-3079

Beltsander if you need a diagram yet email me and I will try to draw something up for you.

Good fish'n!

BE....><,,>

------------------
Backwater Eddy...><,,>

><ED ON THE RED>
[email protected]
(701)-671-3079

WHAT'S THE WORD ON THE MINNESOTA RIVER FLATHEADS? ANYONE CAUGHT ANY BIG FISH, SEEN ANY BIG FISH CAUGHT, HEARD OF ANY NICE FISH BEING CAUGHT, DREAMED OF CATCHING A LARGE ICTALURAD?
I'M CHOMPIN' AT THE BIT TO GET OUT THERE AND SOAK A CHUNK A MEAT. IS THE RIVER STILL GOIN' DOWN?
HOW BOUT' YOU BW EDDIE? ANY WORD ON BIG WHISKERS UP NORTH?

Hey guys, I was hoping for some help finding fish in the Fargo area. If anyone knows of a good place for walleyes, bass, or northerns or good spots for cats on the red or elsewhere, within a couple hours drive of Fargo it'd be of great help. I don't own a boat so if anyone knows of good river fishing that'd be ideal or if there is a good place to fish from shore in the area, please let me know

thanks

ON2STIX,
I DON'T KNOW OF MUCH AROUND FARGO CLOSE BUT DOWN BY FERGUS FALLS, THERES A FEW NICE LITTLE HYDRO DAMS TO CHECK OUT ON THE OTTER TAIL RIVER. I AND THE FAMILY ARE GOING UP THERE ON SUNDAY FOR THE WEEK AND STAYING AT SWAN LAKE RESORT. THE LAKE IS GREAT FOR SUNNIES AND BASS BUT I'M GONNA BE SPENDING ALOT OF TIME AT ORWELL RES. SOUTH OF FERGUS ON THE OTTER TAIL.

CANOPY SAM, I HAVEN'T HEARD ABOUT ANY REAL BIG ONES BUT THERE ARE CHANNELS TO BE HAD FOR SURE. I AND FISHHEAD ARE HEADING OUT TONIGHT AND HOPEFULLY GET SOME RUNS!
WET NETS!

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

ON2STIX?
FISHING THE RED RIGHT AROUND FARGO CAN BE GREAT FOR CATS AND WALLEYES - NOT SO SURE ABOUT PIKE, BUT THEY ARE THERE. LOOK UP BACKWATER EDDY AT THE RED RIVER (OR WESTERN MINNESOTA) FISHING REPORTS SITE. HE'S A GREAT RESOURCE FOR INFO ABOUT THAT SECTION OF RIVER.
DARK, I JUST READ YOUR POST - WISH I COULDA JOINED YOU FELLAS LAST NIGHT - HOW'D IT GO?
I'M GOIN' DOWN TO THE BRIDGE (EAST SIDE WHERE THE BIG EDDY CURRENT IS TONIGHT) MAYBE I'LL SEE YA THERE.

How 'bout the Crow River?
Just moved to the West Metro (Long Lake/Independence area) and am wondering about fishing on the Crow River - anywhere from Dayton on up. I love cattin but haven't found any of real size. Also, any other fish in there - smallmouth? Walleye?

i fished the crow for the first time this week,out off hwy 55 somewhere,rockford i think,but anyway we did catch some cats,only
some little guys though,i couldnt tell ya whet else is in there,try the minnesotas dnr site,they have all the stocking reports on there