• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lac Seul Fishing Reports

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully the temps have improved, we struggle to find water much over 48-53 degree's but that was the first week of June.

We still caught fish, but overall numbers were low, just a titch too cool for the usual Lac Seul bite.

WAAAAAY BETTER THAN WORK THOUGH!

Just got back yesterday from the English River System just north west of there a couple miles I think??? Not as big of water as Lac Seul and the water was still cold... Couldnt get on fish unless you crawled your jig or lure back to the boat. Water was way down too. I know I wasnt on the same lake as your going but darn close, Hope that kinda helps. Good luck and dont catch em all.

SCONSOTAN:

We're headed up to Chamberlin Narrows on Saturday, for a week. When and where are you headed? Only reports I have heard are from two weeks, when the water was indeed cold. Hopefully it's warmed up some by this weekend.

We go on a Wed thru SUn (leave tues 23rd)trip in which we adventure on our own. sleep in sioux lookout and deception bay access lac seul and usually fish around Taylors to pine point to bear narrows areas. Fish old spots and new. each year we learn something new. We do these short trips every year (very cheap) and some years (next year) take a house boat when we get enough people gathered too. I really like the 2 trip years! laugh Its a rare year when we can't go thru the rags. we really like going late June to mid July. The weather stabilizes and the fish bite aggresively. Sometimes not as many big ones that time of year but lots of action and enjoyment! Last year I got 4 28" myself (3 on consecutive casts in a current area. There will be 4 of us in a 1850 crestliner sportfish (black and tan) with a 150hp Johnson. good luck and I hope this warm up (70's this week) helps the fishing next week.

Yeah, I will try to remember to get back here to report on the trip.

I hope the rags are fine but like scona said it's rare when we can't get through.

Sounds like she's been cold but the upper 70's should be nice to improve the jig fishing :-)

ate1 - the English river must have been cold if you had to fish slow. I'm expecting about the same thing on Lac Seul with the colder waters. Lined up my ML jigging rod with 4 lb transition and will bring some 1/8 oz jigs and maybe a couple 1/16.

Good luck everyone and safe travels.

Be sure to give us a report when you get back viking. I'm heading up July 5th.

Fish Head... We will be heading up the same day. Where are you staying? We will be staying overnight in Sioux Lookout on the night of the 5th then head to Mahkwa at sunrise on the 6th. Good luck!

winniewalleye777- We're doing the same thing except we headed up to Chamberlain Narrows on the 6th. We go out of deception bay. We come home on the 11th. Have a great trip and I'll look forward to hearing how you did.

Lakeside- We won't see you up there this year, but you know I'm expecting a full report when you get back. Have fun!!!

We are headed up on the 26th and will be going out of Scout Lake Resort on the NW side. Staying until the 4th of July. I'll post a report and put some pics up when I get back.

If anyone has gone out of Scout Lake let's hear how you did? I am really looking forward to going.

Just got back today and had another good trip to Lac Seul.

Got through the rags both days with my new boat and it was 6-7 feet in there.

Perfect weather but changing winds kind of bit. Pretty warm.

Low 70's North of Banana and High 60's south.

Many slotters and over this year. Best I have seen in my 5 times of going.

Border was very smooth on both sides going in very early.

Wish I was heading up again this week as I bet the fishing will get better with the warmer waters.

We found most of the fish pretty shallow for where we usually find them so go shallow if you can't find in your normal spots.

Minnows seemed to work well, we got good ones at Abrams Lake Campground. I also caught some nicer ones on gulp shad and we got a few on crawlers.

Good luck and don't forget your parking pass as some in the lot did!

thanks for the help and encouraging report. Not that the fishing is ever bad there. I am excited that they got some nice warm weather in the weeks before now. That should really get them going.. Leaving in 15 hours!

Fished out of Mahkwa, got back late last week. Had great fishing. Caught most of our walleye shallow, less than 10 ft, on sandy bottom, jig and leech/minnow. Used Gulp! when we ran out of live bait. Smallies were very good on any rock point. Our group of 7 guys C&R 2 pike over 40" while fishing walleye.

I just got back from Lac Seul yesterday. We were staying at Lac Seul Adventures so we fished Vaughn and Bray mostly. Tons of walleyes in Vaughn, but mostly eaters, nothing over the slot. Bray seemed to hold better size, we caught 4 walleyes over 27" there. Fish were anywhere from 5 to 13 feet. Big northerns also around too. Crawlers, leeches, and gulp all caught fish. Water temps in the mid 60s to lower 70s.

Hey Midwest, how was your stay at Lac Seul Adventures? We are thinking of staying there in September, but you can't tell much from the HSOforum? Are the road conditions decent for hauling a boat? Dock good? It looks like the have a good location on the lake.