• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pink slippers

Nice work with the new tool, Dave. Sweet showy ladyslippers! And blooming early, unless you found them south a good ways. Up here in the locations I shoot, ours don't usually bloom until the end of June and into early July.

Mike, no showy ladyslippers down your way, but the small white ladyslipper, a gorgeous pure white ladyslipper, is a prairie flower and occurs in your area.

Steve, Do the pink and the showy bloom around the same time? I am heading up norht to look for the Pinks, around Danbury Wisconsin, sometime soon.

I found these about 65 miles west of the cities.

Dave, if you want pinks in northern Wisconsin the time is now. I found prime pinks a week ago up here, with many not yet prime at that time. They'll be popping off somewhat earlier down by Danbury.

For my pink locations, the first two weekends of June are typically prime. July 4th weekend is generally prime up here for showy ladyslippers.

Dave - I found 1 pink slipper the weekend of June 5. We went as far south as Gooseberry and as far north as Magnus and found just the one in Tettegouche in our campsite. Good luck on finding more. Also, I'm not able to send you an email, but I'd like to get more info on where you found this if you don't mind. I understand if you want to keep the location secret.