• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

automatic climate controls

have a '92' olds ninety eight, 3.8, with automatic electronic climate control. lately when starting the car the panel has three lines across it and the fans blows at high speed. during this time i can not change the settings. if i kill the power(turn key off) and restart, sometimes it will preform normaly. any ideas where to start looking for the cause?

I would have to guess the ATC head (unit in the dash) is the cause. Possible wiring or ground issue but I would say (with out looking at the vehicle) it is something failed in the control head its self.

you might be right about the ground or wiring, the problem is intermitten. any ides where the ground wire for that would be?

i did not find a fuse for the atc to follow the wire and check connections. there is a bunch of relays and fuse's under the hood just below the windsheild.

I just fixed a 96 Buick that had some ac problems. I think on a car the age of yours has a self test. The GM's are about the same for heat and ac controls if years are close. Do a google search and see if you can bring up a forum about this. I found some good info doing this. If no luck let me know, I may be able to find those sites again. The main control is one of the last things that go out on these. jps [email protected]