• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Finally starting my '09 fish house project!

SapperACE

Sorry for the slow response guys,

Garvdog,

I actually just put sealant on the T&G last week. I used some stuff (clear), that I had left over from my deck. I used that for the walls and ceiling. I put 2 coats of minwax poly on the counter tops, and I did sand between coats. I will likely put another coat on them. I hope that the stuff for my deck will work for the walls. I couldn't figure out any reason it would't work. It's called "Pittsburgh Paints, Ultra Advanced, Waterproofing Sealant" and I got it from menards. Anyone that could chime in on that would be appreciated.

JacobMHD,

My top bunk is 2x3. I ripped the 2x4's down to 2x3's to make it a little less bulky. If you're worried about strength, don't be. It holds me just fine, and I'm 6'4", 220.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be a dumb question but I feel it is still worth asking.

When you ripped the 2x4's down to 2x3's were the actual dimensions 1 1/2" x 3" or 1 1/2" by 2 1/2". That half inch could make a world of difference for one unlucky individual.

I think i found the same one in the Southwest MN region on greg's list. There are some differences between the two so I may be wrong but they do not appear to be the same house. The door is different. The inside is not finished on the one for sale. And the diamond plating is also different. I might be referring to a different listing, but the style of the v front is very unique on both.

The one on SW MN is not mine. That one is being sold by the Shack Rack guy himself, and that is not finished inside. Mine is on the Minneapolis one though. If I can get it sold I plan on starting 2 new ones! I hope to have it listed on here by tonight.