• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ok. so i just woke up to my mom yelling at my brother, who is 15. she gave him a UA and found weed in his system. he has been caught twice before, and he said he was clean.

and my mom is crying so hard, and just screaming. and she is on the edge of an emotional breakdown. what should i do!?

What your mom should do is call the proper authorities and have your brother put in treatment for teen drug users. I don't know what there called or how to call but their out there.

You have you to worry about. Not what your brother is doing. You need to keep yourself on the straight and narrow and make sure you don't slide off in the wrong direction. I've seen some of your post and pictures. And you have a good thing going with all the fish you catch. And the more time you spend on the water and in the woods the less likely you are to slide to the dark side.

Back in high school my best friend started down that path because it was the cool thing to do, while I stayed with the outdoors and I have a great job, Buying a house in the next month, my truck that I bought brand new and all my toys are paid for. My ex-best friend has a crappy job, indet up to his eyeballs and is burnt out beyond repair.

So in my opinion you worry about you and only you that is hard enough. Hope this helps.

nicholas- drugs are something i would never turn to. i will not screw up my entire life doing something illegal just because its "cool".

i did have a guy tlking to me this spring about how happy he was to see a kid my age so in love with fishing. his exact words "im glad you love fishing so much. you go out and get high off of catching big fish, while all the other kids these days turn to drugs and alcohol"

and im not really worried about him. im worried about my mom, she just kicked this guy out, who was very abusive. and now he has been stalking her. then she has to deal with this [PoorWordUsage]. she is so close to a breakdown its scary...

Hello Jake, if you have not already please call your dad, grandparent, uncle, or aunt and please tell them your concern's. The net is a great place to share fishing stories but the advice and more importantly the help your brother needs can come more quickly through your immediate family. Take care Jake, Kevin.

Hello Jake, if you have not already please call your dad, grandparent, uncle, or aunt and please tell them your concern's. The net is a great place to share fishing stories but the advice and more importantly the help your brother needs can come more quickly through your immediate family. Take care Jake, Kevin.

I agree with this 100% Jake. You do have to take care of yourself, but at the same time it's fair to have concerns for your family. That's what being a man is about. Do check with your family and see if they can help. IMO, your brother needs to go in for treatment. That will help him off of it and give your Mom a well deserved break.

smack him around a bit. these days, everyone thinks its such a crime to spank. if he's your brother, rough him up a bit!

Like my Grandfather used to say to me "you want me to take you out behind the barn, and teach you a lesson?"

That got my attention real quick. He means what he says.

Jake, keep your chin up, if i was given the chance you have, I would offer him a chance to see what it feels like to experience one of your highs (the outdoors), what it feels like to want that big walleye thats on the end of your line to get into that net, what it feels like to have that buck come crashen threw the brush right at you after you grunt! Show him what he really has been missing, something you may have had the chance to have shown to you that he hasn't, it your chance to be the mentor!!! Make the best of it, i've been there and it's great once you get over the rocks!