• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Oneida Lake Walleye Trail

There is a walleye tournament coming up this weekend, it's out of the Old Boat House across the street from the walleye hatchery. Here is a link to it. The flier says this Sunday but it's this Saturday because of the New Eastern tournament on Sunday. The best thing about the OLWT tournament is that it's $30 per team and should be a good time with a professional format.

http://www.theoldboathousecny.com/fish.html

We had a great day on the water, we landed a total of 25 walleyes. My partner and I took second (lost by .45 oz.) with a total weight of 11.45 lbs with a 2.73 lbs big fish (lost big fish by .18 oz.). It was was a great day on the water and secret lure in 10 -13' of water was the ticket. I lost a hog at the boat just as we were netting it that would have easily pushed the tape measure at around 26" and my buddy had one on that we saw good that was just as big, funny how those big pigs always get off. I did find one heck of a school of sunfish and crappies (going back this week to get them), the secret was finding the perch and you knew you were into some walleyes (and LOTS of pickerel). The walleye's in my livewell were spitting up 6" perch. One thing I do need to get and that's an Oxygenator for the livewell, 5 walleye's all over 20" sure do need a lot of fresh water with oxygen. I'll see if I can get some pictures on later.