• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Today my wife asked me what I wanted for fathers day. Being the good husband I am, I told her that nothing would make me happier than to have a day with my wonderful wife, our boat and a NEW fish finder!!

Long story short I got slapped and then she said since she doesnt know anything about fish finders to figure out what I wanted and to let her know.

So im sure everyone has their own idea of the best fish finder. Im prone to use Hummingbird but I would like to hear some ideas and opinions. Let me know what your thoughs are for electronics for my boat.

Thanks

Cali

But if your looking for an investment and something you can keep for a long time I would look into the new Lowrance HD units, if you can wait I bet this fall/winter they will have another awesome deal $$$ wise with a chip of your choice. I'm going to get one to go with my LMS-334c igps so I can link them together. Plus I heard you will be able to use side imaging in the very near future.

Well as much as id love to have the technology of the gps and hd I will probly be going with a cheaper unit for the time being, unless Humminbird, lowrance or Garmin want to thro me one for free. whistlewhistle. Ive been readin up on the new ones on the market all night and Im seriously lookin at the Humminbirds. Just not sure if I need a dual beam or not. I see the advantage of it but do I really need it?

I have a Garmin GPSmap 168 sounder that I just took off of my boat and for $60 you can have it. It's not color but worked great for me with GPS. I have all the wires to go to it and you can download the manual for free from Garmin, I was going to save it as a back up but I see no since in letting it collect dust if there is a friend who can use it. If you want I'll take pictures of everything and send them to you.

Take the $60 dollar unit and run . . .you are looking for structure primarily anyway which once you understand your unit you'll be able to do. Also, it might be nice to know that it is getting shallower as you run full speed ahead since DEC does not mark everything.

Take the $60 dollar unit and run . . .you are looking for structure primarily anyway which once you understand your unit you'll be able to do. Also, it might be nice to know that it is getting shallower as you run full speed ahead since DEC does not mark everything.

Spoken like a true Bass Fisherman Franky...YAAAAAWN whistle

I have a Garmin GPSmap 168 sounder that I just took off of my boat and for $60 you can have it. It's not color but worked great for me with GPS. I have all the wires to go to it and you can download the manual for free from Garmin, I was going to save it as a back up but I see no since in letting it collect dust if there is a friend who can use it. If you want I'll take pictures of everything and send them to you.

Lee, Im definately interseted in checkin it out. How old is it? Just want to make sure im moving up to a newer unit than what I have. I currently have a Humminbird 4000. Kinda like going from the Xbox of today back to the Days of pong!! LOL if ya know what I mean.

If we can set up a time Id like to see it. You can call me or email or what ever is easiest for you.

Cell # 440-5462

[email protected]

Picked up my new to me garmin gpsmap 168 from Lee to day. cool

Been playin with it ever since I got home...... The fish finder that is whistle.. Looks really cool and does some really neat stuff. Even shows things that resemble fish and not little square boxes. gringrin.

Thanks for the deal Lee and thanks for the other info. I really appreciate it.

Todd if your not doin anything tomorrow stop by in the afternoon as i will be attempting to install it on the grumman.. Have a few questions.

Thanks again LEE

Your welcome and enjoy, I'm glad I could help you get a decent unit for a good price. The money they want for them is just crazy and they aren't even American made, just imagine if they were made here. LOL

Just remember to either put a switch in between the fish finder and the connection or just unplug the main black wire from behind the fish finder, I believe the GPS puck will still draw juice from the battery even though the unit is off.

Ah I had allready forgotten about the switch. Thanks for remindin me.

If ya wanna get out and do the other sport we discussed let me know. We could do 9 here in canastota. Ive also got a couple outtings planned for breast cancer and another is a benift for a buddies brother if your interested.. Both are in august

Thanks again

Lee, It works great. What a difference 20yrs in technology makes grin. Its got great detail and is working flawlessly. 1 question I have is. Did it seem to track slow for you? Its set on the fastest speed but seems a little slow.. Not a big deal just wondering..

Other than that Im happier than a pig in shiiiet!!!!

Did you get your new one back in working order yet?