• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Whitewater State Park

Anyone been there or around there recently? Me and some friends camped there for a weekend last year and fished the river, it was a lot of fun. And we had decent luck with the Brown and Rainbows there. Will be back there again in the next few months. Would love to hear some info or tips if anyone has any!

there is a road about half way thru elba that leads to plainview there are two bridges there before you climb up the hill. i usually come in from up on the hill and walk the stream down. I know the dnr stocks usually heavy, since their shop is just outside of elba(kind of nice to walk thru and see all the fish in the hatchery.) good luck

I was there open fish weekend - but not to fish. DNR said that since the flood, fishing has never been better. I camped in the lower campground along the river, but the road to the campsites is not marked very well (no signage) - the sites aren't as shaded and still quite a pile of driftwood along the river edge. I plan on going back this fall.