• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

BIG MANTRAP?

There are fish over 45" in there. Only the small fish were moving this weekend. I spoke with some guys that did see one or two bigger fish but everything else was on the small side.

That launch was packed saturday! wow.. every spot that we tryed to fish either had 4 boats on it, or had just been fished. That lake is way to crowded for me so I guess I have to find another lake.

But the baby Loons that had just hatched and were on their mothers backs made it all worth while. If there is a prettier thing than the loons on Mantrap, I haven't seen it.

Sunneye or bowhunter - are you saying the fish was killed, or did you see it measured on the lake and released? If so that's disappointing. It is what it is. There's such a limited quantity of those big girls, and maybe now one less.

That and the trolling motor is up and the picture is being taken from another boat or a dock. Might have been trolling?

I've seen boats with their trolling motor out of the water when taking a pic, I would guess sometimes they'll get it out of the water to get it out of the way when fighting a fish. But who knows, could have been trolling anyway...

They guys I saw pulled the troller and had no idea how to use their cradle. I'm pretty sure it was this fish. They released it after a couple vertical holds. I thought it was out of the water much too long, but it swam away with a splash of the tail. Definetely not the best handling of a musky I've seen but not the worst.