• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

hunting cabin

russ

Anyone know how the process works as far as putting up a small cabin on a private lot? (Aitkin county) Are building permits needed and will building inspectors be on site etc.? we're thinking of a small cabin on a concrete slab, no water or electric. Thanks,

I have an 80 close to Siren Wisconsin. About 10 years ago we did just what you are talking about. We poured a slab, built a 24x32 foot shack. It is fully wired and being the closest electric is about a half mile away we use a Generator. I never talked to anyone about anything and we never had any problems. Like others have stated, the more you try and do everything by the book the more hoops someone will have you jumping through. I would do it again in a second if I had to. Last year we had a well put in, I don't know what the driller had to do but I know I didn't talk to anyone. Good luck!

May your good "luck" hold out fellas'. However, I seriously doubt that when the tax accessor comes around, he'll "overlook" sudden buildings and improvements that weren't their before. One of several things may happen. He might put you in a higher tax bracket, probably fine you, maybe make you tear it all down, or all three or a combo.
Don't think it couldn't happen to you, especially with the "building craze" going on. Neighbors also many times turn in their neighbors as views are blocked, or building to close to lot lines, lakes, etc. It's usually cheaper to pull a permit and do it right the first time around, as big a pain as it is.