• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

deer hunting rifles

cd3

ive been looking at that -06 pump,,pretty decent rifle for the money...anyways yes its time to get all this in order and get out and check the trails and hopefully sight in that new rifle that i hope to have my opener.

Redball. heres an explanation.
The BOSS (Ballistic Optimizing Shooting System) is an accuracy enhancing and recoil reducing system that includes an adjustable muzzle brake/weight . . . BOSS is an option available on the Safari and Stalker models only.

I don't see how a -06 is going to gain you anything over a 270 in the woods, unless you are just trying to come up with an excuse for the wife to get a new rifle. I don't like walking through the woods with a brand new gun, because of the rough terrain as I walk through the woods. The gun gets more abuse in the woods vs sitting in the tree stand. When I use to help drive the deer out, I carried a 30-30. Killed many a deer with it. They are cheap, light and a dime a dozen. They work great for those short shots in the woods. Mine only had open sights, but you can put on over/under sights with a 4x scope.

I hunt with a Browning BAR 243 semi-auto, and love it. Never had a problem with the auto. My dads remmington auto jammed, because he had a piece get old and fail on him. The gun was about 25 years old.