• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The future of Joe Crede

IFallsRon

getting up there in age. Well,, Cuddy was born in 79' Crede in 78'. The 5 million in difference,, give me Crede every day at 3b and we can throw Gomez or the kitchen sink in the field for Cuddy. Cuddy sucks. trade him now,, and even that is likely too late to get something for a injury prone avg hitter in the pros.

Danny Valencia had an impressive debut for Rochester on Tuesday, going 3-for-5 with a double and an RBI. As Wings manager Stan Cliburn told the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle, he expects Valencia to be a regular at third base and in the No. 5 spot of the lineup. Valencia batted .284 (.373 OBP, .482 SLG) with seven home runs in 218 at-bats for New Britain before his promotion.

He earned $500,000 the 250th time he came to the plate this season and will get $500,000 more at 300, 350, 400, 450 and 475 plate appearances. His 266 plate appearances through 85 games put him on pace for 506 this season, and that would leave him just shy of collecting his biggest bonuses, two $750,000 awards for hitting the 515 and 540 plate-appearance mark.

getting up there in age. Well,, Cuddy was born in 79' Crede in 78'. The 5 million in difference,, give me Crede every day at 3b and we can throw Gomez or the kitchen sink in the field for Cuddy. Cuddy sucks. trade him now,, and even that is likely too late to get something for a injury prone avg hitter in the pros.

Geez, I sure thought Cuddy was having a good year at the plate. I do believe he has like 15 HR's and I casnnot believe that is average. His BA isn't just to bad either.

When we talk about hitting, Gomez isn't even in the same league as Cuddy or close.

Windy, I just wanted to compliment him on a good scouting report on this guy. You all whined about Cuddy being a woosey, HOLY COW THIS GUY GETS HURT JUST SHOWING UP TO THE PARK. 1 nice thing is the Twins will save some money as he will never reach some of his incentives. Keep Harris there providing some one tells him YOU COVER THIRD BASE WHEN RUNNER APPROACHES, or put Punto over there.

I told you Gary, he will break your heart. You see him make some of the best plays at third and his bat always seems to come thru in the clutch early in the season and then the back goes out and then the knee and then the hand and then the season is over and you are waiting for him to get healthy again. I knew this season would tear him up on the fuzzy concrete in the Hump Dome, maybe if you see him thru to next year the natural grass will help but then he will be another year older. Nicest guy in the world and was a great player while here but the injuries just took their toll. Gordon Beckham, his replacement is going to be a monster at third, the Windy City loves him already!

Last quarter of the season should be interesting, if we are still in it after the killer schedule we face over the next 15 games!

I see you dude, but I am not worried as long as you are in the rear view mirror! Peavy is joining the team today, my guess is that they will be pushing him into duty sooner than later after the last nightmare performance by Contreras last night. 6 unearned runs in the third inning and 7 total in three innings his better days are far behind him, I don't think Peavey could do any worse than Jose!

I will keep an eye out for you because Objects can appear farther than they are in the rear view mirror!

Finally we got to see Crede for the last time in a Twins uniform. He is done and WILL NOT be offered a contract for next year. Send him back to Windy. Lord help me, but I would take Delmon Young over Joe Crede. I think it still cost us 4 mill or so for that 1/2 years service. Makes some one else I know a steal.

Hot Spot not logical thinking there." Anybody is better than nobody ". You want Crede in the dugout, get 1 of those lifesize pics and plop it on the wall. He is done, a used up always injured has been. To bad. I did like him. Time for him to get a real job.

ULT Punto will be a third again, and this year too.