• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The future of Joe Crede

IFallsRon

Joe Crede has been a qood signing at 3B for $2.5 million. I don't think he's worth $7 million and I doubt he'll make all his incentive money but I'm wondering if there's a chance the Twins will come up with a nice two-year deal to keep him around.

He's played in 38 of 54 games. I figure around 135 games to reach full incentive money.

1 error in 101 chances.

Batting .232 in 138 at-bats (32 hits, 18 runs, 9 HR, 22 RBI, 12 BB, 26 Ks)

In addition to his $2.5 million base salary, Crede's contract features escalators based on plate appearances that push the value up in $500,000 increments. Those begin when he reaches 250 plate appearances and accumulate every 25 plate appearances until he reaches 475. He will then receive a $750,000 bonus when he reaches 515 and 540 plate appearances, which would top out the salary at $7 million.

I am one for signing him to a middle of the road contract with incentives like the one he is currrently in.....he gives us a shut down d at 3rd and some extra pop in the line-up and I also feel he will do better when they move into a new stadium as he has always struggled in the Dome

I really haven't seen the "shut down" defense at 3rd yet from him. Only 1 error IFallsRon tells us, but I haven't seen the spectacular plays out of him that I thought he was capable of. Hopefully his back continues to heal becuase I still think its bothering him isn't it? His bat is streaky, but hopefully that comes around with a healthier back as well.

Very good signing for the price IMO. Power was definitely lacking last year. Crede better outside? We shall see. Perhaps in Arizona. Having personally experienced back problems and surgery, playing outside during cool weather is definitely not when I feel my best. Not even close.

If I had to bet, I'd put my money on Joe wearing a different jersey next year if he stays healthy this year. If he stays healthy, someone will be willing to pay him more than the Twins will without a doubt.

If I had to bet, I'd put my money on Joe wearing a different jersey next year if he stays healthy this year. If he stays healthy, someone will be willing to pay him more than the Twins will without a doubt.

so maybe the Twins should give him a [2 year?] contract extension before season ends???

I also read on another forum that they've got a minor league 3b that supposedly may be ready by next year. Think his name maybe was Valencia if I remember correctly.

I really like Crede at 3b so hope the team plays their cards right on what they decide to do with him although Mauer I would think has got to be their #1 priority and very soon. Weren't there a few on this board that when the team signed him said that Crede would be injured and done for the season by now? (Hope I didn't just jinx him.)

Love to see the Twins sign Crede for another two years until a replacement is good & ready. But I think it's going to take $13-15M, & I doubt the Twins will pony up.

The power bat is welcome. The solid, slightly sub-Gold Glove defense is a great addition. The lower average & strikeouts are expected based on his career.

Hopefully he'll be manning the hot corner when Target Stadium opens. I give it a 35% chance.

Should be a mainstay for years to come.

Whats that- him sitting on the bench 2-3 games a week? whistle

I do like Crede, but they are really careful with him, and I think alot of games he could be in there. Is it him or Gardy- I don't know

It hasn't been his back that much this season, been his wrist, hand and other things. I think his back has held him out of maybe 2 starts at the most.

exactly, and one time it was his hamstring wasnt it?

Originally Posted By: zamboni
It hasn't been his back that much this season, been his wrist, hand and other things. I think his back has held him out of maybe 2 starts at the most.

exactly, and one time it was his hamstring wasnt it?

Yeah I think so.

That's what I was saying when I replied. There is no question he is tough, he is getting on in age and those ailments do pop up more often as you get older. I don't think there is one person here in the Windy City who would ever question his toughness. Joe was a gamer but the Sox had to look to the future and his salary got in the way. He is still a Windy City favorite but he does get his share of boo's when he shows up in the Twinkie uni!

Just saw this on mlb.com:

CHICAGO - Twins third baseman Joe Crede was scratched from the lineup of Sunday's game against the Cubs because of a stiff lower back.

Reusse and Sid and Star talked about this tonight, about it hasn't really been his back, but other things this year, then he is hurt because of his back