• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Next " BIG LURE"

Okay Gang, How long will the Cowgirl be the "It" lure ??? What in yor opinion will be the next "

Lure". Maybe something not seen yet, or never been fished yet? Let yours minds go wild !!!

The new Tyrant looks likd of cool, basically a hard bodied Mag Dawg. Weighs about 8oz, and has a replacable tail.

I'll give it some time in the water......

I don't think it works anything like a bulldawg from the video's i've seen. However I can't find the video anymore on m1st.

To clarify for the ADHD JRedig......... a Mag Dawg with benefits like some dive and rise, side roll, etc. Was created with the idea of being similar to the soft bodied baits but more durable, in turn come some more of the characteristics of a hard bodied bait.

The concept:

"THE TYRANT WASN'T CREATED TO ADD ANOTHER LURE TO AN ALREADY FLOODED MARKET, IT WAS TO SERVE A PURPOSE. WITH THE REVOLUTION OF SOFT PLASTICS IN THE MUSKY INDUSTRY, CAME A NEW WAY TO

FISH. IT HAS RESULTED IN MORE ANGLERS CATCHING MORE AND BIGGER FISH IN TOUGHER CONDITIONS. JUSTIN GAICHE IS MOST CERTAINLY A FAN OF THIS STYLE OF FISHING. IT HAS LED TO MAJOR TOURNAMENT

WINS FOR HIM AND HAS BECOME STAPLE CHOICE FOR HIS CAREER AS A FISHING GUIDE. AS PRODUCTIVE AS THE AGE OF SOFT PLASTICS HAS BECOME, IT HAS ALSO BROUGHT PROBLEMS THAT HAVE NEVER BEEN SEEN

IN MUSKY FISHING."

The result:

"THE VERSATILITY OF THE TYRANT WAS SO AMAZING IT EVEN SHOCKED THE CREATOR. ORIGINALLY DESIGNED FOR BREAKLINES, WEED EDGES AND SUSPENDED FISH, THE TYRANT DRIVES DOWNWARD WITH SLIGHT BELLY

ROLL AND SIDE TO SIDE ACTION WITH LONG AGGRESSIVE PULLS. DRIVE IT DOWN 5' - 10' OR COUNT IT DOWN TO GO EVEN DEEPER. THIS BAIT LOVES TO BE RIPPED. IN MID RETRIEVE A PAUSE AND POP WILL CRANK

THE TYRANT SIDEWAYS OFFERING BONE CRUSHING STRIKES. FOR THE SHALLOW STRUCTURE FISHERMEN, WORK THE TYRANT SLOW AND IT WILL POP NOSE UP TOWARDS THE SURFACE AND HANG. IT WILL

ERRATICALLY DANCE LEFT AND RIGHT IN AN UNPREDICTABLE FASHION THAT IS KILLER FOR STUMP FIELDS, WEED TOPS AND SHALLOW SAND FLATS."

Not sure, I'll have to think on it for a while. For sure the double 10's will be around for a long time as will plastic baits such as the bulldawgs. I'm not so sure the next 'big bait' on heavily pressured waters won't be a variety of oldie but goodies.

To clarify for the ADHD JRedig......... a Mag Dawg with benefits like some dive and rise, side roll, etc. Was created with the idea of being similar to the soft bodied baits but more durable, in turn come some more of the characteristics of a hard bodied bait.

:-P Who, wha, when, wha? :-D

Watch the video, lemme know your thoughts then. It doesn't run anything like I run a bulldawg, so it's open to opinion considering how versatile a dawg is. Not saying it's bad.

I like my dawgs/Ds to run perfectly straight while being ripped. If the tyrant did that, I would buy one. Not saying it's not a good lure as I'm sure it is, but doesn't really fit my style. I've tried a lot of side to side baits with little success, but it could just be I'm doing something wrong. You guys let me know when you start nailing them on that lure and I might buy 1. I have so many lures laying around that I'm really going to try and not buy any more the rest of the year. Like that will happen grin

I like my dawgs/Ds to run perfectly straight while being ripped. If the tyrant did that, I would buy one.

I'd still consider myeself a novice with a Bulldawg but interstingly enough I saw a video (I think it was Saric but not sure) in which the first thing the guy does with his new Dawgs is bend them up like a banana in order to ensure they do anything but come in straight. Talked to Dave Williamson at the expo and he said he bends his DCGs enough so that the blades hit the shaft. And to think I've spent lots of time trying to straighten them out after a fish or two. cry

I could maybe see bending it straight up or down to get a hopping action, but on musky hunter I saw him bending it to the right or left. That would just make the bait go to one side.

the next hot lure has already been released to a select few.

weather or not the lure maker will release it is another story.

last time I had an 8 fish day was with a cow girl 3 years ago, I had a 7 fish day with this top secret lure last september when I recieved one.

maybe you'll see it maybe you won't, it's not up to me and it's not rubber/ LOL