• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Yikes.. Not good for the bass boat industry..

Deitz Dittrich

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There isn't a bass boat out there that you can't pull with a $30,00 half ton.

I realize that you can get a half ton right now for around 30g but when that half ton is required to get 30mpg the price is going to go way up, like 50g, or its not going to be able to pull a 20+' bass boat reliably. Just food for thought, the price of our sport is expensive as heck right now as it is, this is going to drive the cost even higher for those that can afford it!

I doubt we will see a v8 that gets 30mpg. The new mileage standards are applied to a manufacturers fleet, not each vehicle individually. They can get by with a truck at 18-20mpg because they have other vehicles that get better mileage and bring the average for the fleet up to par.

No, it's the average for the fleet they sell. It's the same rules as they use now, they just changed the overall fleet average. It's called CAFE (Corporate Average Fuel Economy).

I see alot of people grumbling about the high price of some of these boats, well they are not intending to sell a $60,000 boat to the guy that is working for $12/hr.

It's all relative to your income. A $10,000 boat is alot of money to a guy that makes $25,000 a year, but not so much to a guy that makes $60,000. These boats are well within the buying range of many families as long as you keep your priorities in line and take the right education/career path.

Think of how much money a guy spends in the bar, on tobacco, latte's or other things that don't really need to be purchased. Now mulitiply that by 20 years and think of how many boats you could have had with that money?? It's all priorities. Besides that, someone has to buy them or there wouldn't be used boats for sale.

Genmar will be fine and they will continue to sell low and high end boats.

ack, your right, I was reading the article wrong, they did away with the seprate cafe standard for light trucks, used to be 22 mpg, and the new standard is 35 for fleet, the article I was reading said it effectively makes it 30 average for trucks and 40 for cars, but thats not right either, unless a manufacterer has an equal split of cars and trucks.