• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WI musky reports HERE!!

Fished Trade today with my uncle and didnt even see a fish. We were only out for about 2 hrs before the wind got real nasty and it started raining. Would like to try it again when its not so windy and with some more time to work with.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made it out Saturday for a few hours and all to report is one blow-up on a WtD but otherwise nothing else. Spoke to someone at the launch who managed a 37" on a sucker.

Today was out for 5 hours, had one follow early, returned to it later and my brother got him, 38". Followed a double 10, hit a big spinnerbait. Otherwise it was slow except a couple small pike.

Water temps were low to mid 50's.

I was out a few times last week with some success. Fished in the rain on Friday night and my buddy caught a 33" and we missed a few and had a fish on a sucker. Had a few more strikes out away from the boat so it was a pretty good night despite the bad weather. On Sunday I went out with my Dad and we ran into a few northerns. My Dad landed a 36 1/2 incher and we had a few other strikes from lower 30 inch northerns. No muskies though...

Hopefully get out again this week sometime, otherwise probably going up north after the Gopher game on Saturday.

Went out Saturday and I think it was the first time all year we were completely blanked (no strikes, no fish seen, nada, save a snail I plucked of a rock pile with a bulldawg).

Everything was cold, perhaps turnover conditions. Tried rocks weeds sand drop-offs trolling casting all for naught.

Was out again both Saturday and Sunday and more of the same, no strikes, no fish seen, and suckers that are far more intact that one would hope. Got one small pike on a jerkbait Sunday that was still among weeds. Tried everywhere from 2-30 feet of water it just wasn't happening.

I think I am officially done for the year. Kind of a disappointing fall even though I wasn't able to put the time in that I would have liked. Didn't raise many fish and had a hard time hooking fish on sucker rigs. Still a good year all around. Caught my biggest fish (47"), fished some new waters, and tried some new techniques. It is a learning process, but I know I am improving every time I get out in the boat.

Offseason wish list:

-finally have enough baits to where I need a hanging bait box

-new 8' or 8'6" rod without breaking the bank

-several videos (I have actually learned a lot from the few musky videos I have seen)

Congrats on the PB, I haven't been fishing since the last of Sept. Several of my buds struggled big time in October for whatever reason - its usually excellent.

My wish list is possibly an 8'6" and a revo toro. Might see if I can get a deal at one of the musky shows in MN this winter. I should have another musky pic or two coming soon.

Was out on Deer Saturday and more of the same. Did see one fish up sunning itself on some shallow sand, but no follows or strikes to report. Didn't here much success on the part of other guys on the lake. Guessing it was just too bright to be on a lake that clear.

nice pics cooter, is that the flambeau?

i just got a good deal on a 8' st croix rod and I need to buy a reel to put on it. I am having a hard time justifying spending more than $100 when my abu C3's have held up for 3-4 years (that is with throwing DC10's quite a bit). The way I see it, even if i burn one out, i can still buy another one for less than the price of a calcutta, etc. I have looked at the shimano cardiff's and they seem very similar to the abu c3/c4.

any thoughts or suggestions?

Somebody in the musky/pike forum has a 7000c3 or two for sale for under $100. If not the red 7000i sell for around $125 I believe. I have 4 6500C3s but they make work out of DC-10s.

Not the flambeau, 2 different smaller rivers similar to the flambeau.

yeah, i saw that, but i am not sure how i feel about used reels (even if they are only a season old). you never know what has happened to them or if they are one DC10 crank away from burning out.

i have been looking at the 7000c3 though, i kind of like that power handle. i will have to go to a store and have one in my hand before i decide anything though.