• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WI musky reports HERE!!

There were a couple of big time musky hunters from Illinois on Yellow all week. Last I heard (Friday)was they only caught 4, biggest 41". They were not impressed.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been out in over a week now cry but reports are good. Sometimes, on some lakes, fishing can slow down this time of year with typical hot weather. Doesn't seem to be the case with the cooler weather we've had - more of the same predicted for the next week/10 days.

I'm gonna cross the border to mudduck country and chase esox on Mille Lacs Sunday through Tues. Don't know if its right to post a report from there here or not blush I'll post one for sure in the musky forum whether its good or bad. Hopefully there will be some pics of fat girls!

Heads up - full moon next week, believe its either Tues or Wed. Later.

Was out Saturday, 1 strike and 1 follow both mid-30's fish. Both chasing double blades over weeds. Wind was a bit tricky during the day and didn't see anything then. Was around moonrise when the wind was dying that they moved. Could barely see the second fish.

Managed to get to Dairyland today. Used the launch in the county park (south shore by the dam) and they had a very detailed map showing all the new cribs they installed, which was nice. They even had pictures alongside showing some of the work as it was being done, which was pretty neat. That launch was also just redone so in perfect condition, yet we were only the second rig there at around noon.

Fished all sorts of structure, weeds were the only thing producing esox. Had one unknown esox chase a double 10, peeled off too soon to tell so I'm leaning pike. Had 3 fish chase (no takers) a Jake-like crankbait I picked up at Fleet Farm for $4 as soon as I put it on. I thought what a deal. After that though it only caught hook rash (probably why it was in the bargain bin). Did manage a few smallmouth and pike. I figure you could do quite well with a good GPS fishfinder out there (we still need to upgrade), or maybe just more stable weather.

Late report - Wissota was a bust last week, I managed one undersize musky. First night in a while for league without at least one fish boated. Fished out there last night and had something blow up on a topwater after dark.

Another league night tomorrow, hope things go better - will post a report. Still pretty green with algae, maybe with the recent rain things will start to clear out a bit.

I know of one near 50" fish caught on Yellow Lake this weekend. A buddy was bass fishing near them in 2fow and watched the guy catch it in that shallow water. Good show! BTW, early early morning.

Was out both yesterday and today. My brother boated one undersize muskie Saturday and I had a follow from a similar sized fish. Today only had a single follow and 1 strike, the follow was a small fish not sure on the strike.

Was there a tourney on Deer on Saturday? Drove by and there were big boats everywhere on it.

I got a 44.5 on the canoe float Fri night and then a 23" walleye on a bucktail Sat. Water was up considerably. Talked to some guys that fished the Island Chain and they saw a couple but no takers. I'll be on Holcombe for Wed night league and then gonna float the Jump R for the first time on Sat.

Side note, the fish I caught on Fri had all three hooks buried in the corner of her mouth. I initially just cut the hook off the lure but in the process of reviving here I saw it shouldn't be that bad to get it out. Since I was standing in the river with her I wanted a good grip so she didn't get away with the hook in yet - well she thrashed and cut the living you know what out of my thumb mad. Tons of blood, meat hanging out, the whole yard. Took electrical tape to stop the bleeding. Did get the hook out though and she was good to go laugh! Next day I came about as close to dumping my canoe as you can without getting wet - high water plus a huge oak across the river made things interesting to say the least. Lots of memories to go along with that fish for sure!

For good measure by the time I got home on Sat urgent care was closed so the ER was my only option. Found out it was too late for stitches so I'll get a big fat bill for a good wound cleaning and a tetanus shot cry

Happened to me earlier with a metro tiger. I used a sock to stop the bleeding, but it was a gusher. I cleaned it up myself and it healed just fine, not even a scar. Was about a week or so though before I could really grip anything. Since that incident I've added to the boats first aid kit.

I got a nice action shot of it the instant before I was cut. The fish must've heard the photo countdown too. Life jackets broke the fishes fall so it was just fine, but I wasn't...

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-...0_1925462_n.jpg

Fish cooperated better last night. I netted a 47" for my partner and then caught a 32" minutes later. Big fish on a topwater and mine on a bucktail. Also was a 36" on Wissota, not sure what that came on. I'll have to look but pretty sure our fish came right around moonrise. No camera in the boat cry Just as well, we had water temps of 78 so quick releases were important.

It was gorgeous out - water was still very green up there though. I'll have to take the comment on moonrise back, believe it was well up and actually on the way down. Oh well, we were at the right place at the right time. Both were aggressive, his missed the topwater initially and came right back and smoked it - that doesn't happen very often. Mine swipped at the bucktail, don't think it ever felt hooks, and came back about 3 casts later. The belly on mine was full, little guy was very hungry that night!

Coot when you say green exactly how green do you mean? I've heard some people call a lake green and I can still see a lure/fish 3-4 feet down easily. As compared to my cabin where on a calm day you won't see a lure 3 inches under the surface, which is what I call very green.

I got a bachelors party Saturday, but I should be out Sunday and Monday. Hopefully things picks up for me, I've had a single strike since the 4th of July. I see fish consistently, just can't trigger them.