• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

WI musky reports HERE!!

Got my first of the year last night on Wissota, just a little guy. Overall the reports are pretty good, people are catching fish early, late, midday, good weather, poor weather, etc.

Weed growth is taking off and seems to be key for the stained waters I've been fishing and getting reports from.

Lets get some reports/stories going here!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only one fish boated last night despite what looked like prime weather for muskies. I think with the clouds and rain moving through the area noon or early afternoon would have been better. Still a great night out on the water.

Headed out your way Saturday to Island. Fished about 5 hours, put 1 in the boat (32"), then had two boatside strikes with failed hookups. One early in the day was low 30's, and the one at dusk was a mid 40 fish. Didn't see the latter until he hit on the first turn of the 8, kinda caught me off guard. Sunday went to Little Sand in Barron and had two lazy follows from mid 30's fish. Somewhat odd is one follow was on a DT-16 and the other was on a 5" Senko (most of my time was throwing bucktails and big crank/jerkbaits).

Chose those lakes to avoid the crowding of June Jam, hopefully someone has the results for that.

Also saw a half dozen gar on Island, cool looking fish. Tried throwing some soft plastics at them for a bit. After being disapointed to learn I had hooked a decent pike, I decided I had no clue how to catch them and went back to chasing skis.

hit the apple last week and saw a few fish, but nothing very active. i am down in madison this summer and i decided to try fishing wingra from shore and actually had a hook-up on a small topwater i was throwing the other morning. got the fish in close and was trying to decide how to try to land it and it shook off. probably about a mid 30's fish.

Just got a verified report of a 49" caught on a local lake. I've been sworn to secrecy so all I can say is that it was on topwater - might be time to break em out if you haven't yet.

Interesting report from Holcombe over the weekend. My bud went out and got skunked Fri night, Sat morning, Sat evening, and then caught 6 with his partner on Sunday night. Go figure - not much for size, biggest was 37".

I'll be out there Wed with him, hopefully either the big fish fire up by then or the little guys keep us busy.

We had a total of 5 legal fish boated last night between Holcombe and Wissota - biggest was a 38" which I got on a homemade bucktail. Most action came shallow again - couple guys tried trolling deeper water and while they were marking bait and big fish no luck.

The musky bite is in full swing, lots of good reports over the weekend. I missed a fish on a figure 8 within the first 5 minutes fishing on Sat afternoon - that proved to be the only action but we only fished for about 2 hours. A bud caught 4 on Sat morning with a 31, 35, 41, and 48. His girlfriend got a 35 on Sun morning. We have the full moon tomorrow night with moon rise and sunset being close both tonight and tomorrow night. Get out if you can!

Had a great weekend and landed 5: a 32,40,41, and two undersized. All on a homemade bucktail - which needs a rebuild after the last fish! Also had 3 other follows, two of which were little guys but one was a nice fish. Another guy in our group got a nice 36 on a small jointed rap while fishing smallies.

Two buds were on Wissota last night and had a 32 and 42 when I talked to him at about 8:30. One on a big double buck and the other on a spinnerbait.

Well Coot I was probably better off staying home today. Started out by heading to the gas station where a kind stranger was nice enough to point out our trailer had a tire that was about to blow, and furthermore pointed us to a local auto part store that happened to carry trailer size tires. Had to settle for going to a closer lake as we lost 2 hours of time. Had 5 strikes and didn't hook a single fish. 3 though were for sure pike, and all they wanted to do (and finally succeeded in doing) is take the twister tail trailer off my bucktail. Once that happened nothing for the rest of the day. Then upon returning home we broke the axle free on a trailer we use to haul wood.

Those kind of days will happen, got it out of the way for a while hopefully. My bud called back and they picked up another 32 later in the night - 3 is pretty good for Wissota. I'm not sure when I'll get out next - lots going on.

Holcombe is calling my name so I m going this weekend. Been nearly 2 month since I was there.. How's water clarity, water temp, how's weeds and last, how's beer @ blue minnows? I hope wisc muskie ll be cooperation.. I think mn muskie hate me... must have my name on their list "do not eat the lure use by ole matty"

Not sure about temps but it was pretty green last time out. Weeds are up except in some midlake areas that get beat to death with boat traffic. Algae bloom will be your main concern but you can always find areas on Holcombe that aren't too green.

Oh yeah, the beer is wet and cold!!!

Nice fish. Fish hard yesterday am with 1 31" pike on 10" jake.. It smashed at surface when I let it rise.. The fish was maybe 20ish yards from me then i Tried to hookset but nothing happened. I was startin get mad becuase I tho it had cut the line off. So reelin in slack line and felt weight on rod. The fish was right under boat So set hard got er up surface.. Tho it was small muskie but pike ll just do with this weather we had yesterday.... also had one of explosive strike ever 10 ft from boat over stump field in pm.. No hook up. O well

Well no one told me my uncle was coming up this weekend so we went over to the much closer Wapogasset (Dairyland next weekend hopefully). My brother got a 31" which appeared to be from the first batch of stocking. Only 4 years old so they are growing up fast. Another 5 years and it'll probably fish like any other A2 lake. Saw another on a shallow weed bed that appeared to be the same size. Also had a low-mid 40 fish follow, wouldn't eat though. Spoke to a guy prefishing for a bass tourney who said he had one follow his jig, but he ripped it out of the water before he saw the fish...