• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

leaky boat

Its a 81 Mr Pike. Always has had a nuisance leak. I've been meaning to ask this question for some time, sorry for the great volume of my technical speak here that I will use.

On the bottom of the boat, there are 2 ridges, maybe 2 inches wide and 1/2 inch height. These ridges run from the back of the boat to the front of the boat and are maybe each 1/2 way between the center of the boat and the sides of the boat. Each ridge, near the back of the boat, has a small hole in them which I guess is to allow a little water in for better boat control? If I were to do a mini patch on each of these holes would it affect the boat control at all? I am more curious if these are patched if the leak will stop

Thanks

I had a '93 Lund Angler II that had a nuisance leak that I couldn't find for the life of me. Looked at all the seams and all the rivets - never did find an obvious source. Then I had the bright idea of rolling it back several inches on the trailer so I could see everything that was sitting on all the rollers. Found one spot up near the livewell where it appeared a small creack had forme, possibly from bouncing on that particular roller. I used marine silicone and that solved the problem but didn't last - I'd have to redo every couple months. I finally got it welded and that took care of it. They can be a pain, but if you don't see anything the best way I can think of is get the boat dry and level and have someone add water to the inside while a couple of you are underneath and can see where it may come out. Good luck.