• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need Rainy Lake Info

bonesteel

Me and some buddies are coming to Rainy Lake the week of June 6-12. Decided to try a different lake this year and Rainy was it. What have the bass been hitting the best on and what color? If you have the time, how about the same for Walleye and Northern? What is the water temp and level like? Thanks for anyones help, hate to go up there blind.

Me and some buddies are coming to Rainy Lake the week of June 6-12. Decided to try a different lake this year and Rainy was it. What have the bass been hitting the best on and what color? If you have the time, how about the same for Walleye and Northern? What is the water temp and level like? Thanks for anyones help, hate to go up there blind.

Rainy is a very intimidating lake for someone going up there blind.

You could start near the island view boat landing and fish all the islands, points and bays for pike all the way east. Endless amounts of structure. Bass on rainy are generally found on DEEPER rocky reefs from what I gather, I never really fished rainy hard for bass, but I can say that I didnt have any luck at all fishing them off rocks and points like I would on other lakes..with senkos, xraps, and whathaveYOU. This was in august.

Cant help with walleyes that time of year, as Ive only fished it from july on, when they are stacked BIG TIME on the reefs.

How big is your boat? Rainy can get really rough and its a navigational hazard nightmare without GPS, especially if its bad weather.