• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LeBron James...NBA MVP & Poor Sport!!!

OIF_Veteran_21B

Anyone else think LeBron displayed a lack of class in his post game antics yesterday. Yes, they got beat (by the better team), but that's no excuse. Players and coaches from the teams the Cavs eliminated shook his hand. What a poor display for one of the most popular role models in this country.

Here was his lame excuse.

“It’s hard for me to congratulate somebody after you just lose to them,” he said. “I’m a winner. It’s not being a poor sport or anything like that. If somebody beats you up, you’re not going to congratulate them. That doesn’t make sense to me. I’m a competitor. That’s what I do. It doesn’t make sense for me to go over and shake somebody’s hand.”

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's something you should learn in sports in grade school when you start up. That's a poor attitude. Suck it up and show some respect to the other team. Hopefully Orlando can do the same to the Fakers!!

Give the kid a break. I'm sure if you asked him now he would probably congratulate the Magic, but right after the game I would hope he feels this way. People are getting too soft now a days with the whole "everybody is just as good as everybody else" mentality. When i was younger and got beat in the playoffs, be it football or baseball, I sure didn't feel like wishing them luck and giving them kudos. I'm glad he said what he said, no one should have to kiss anyones [PoorWordUsage], pro or not.

Quote:
I take it you never played hockey then.

Didn't have the opportunity, what's your point? Because they shake hands after? We had to do that in football too, spit in the hand, slap it a little harder than necessary, blow kisses at the dude, etc. If you lose your job to someone, do you wish them luck?

Quote:
I take it you never played hockey then.

Didn't have the opportunity, what's your point? Because they shake hands after? We had to do that in football too, spit in the hand, slap it a little harder than necessary, blow kisses at the dude, etc. If you lose your job to someone, do you wish them luck?

I guess I'm just not one to carry a chip on my shoulder in sports or in life, not that I expect you to understand.

I thought it was kind of refreshing. After you lose, you should be upset. It bugs me when these guys are all buddy-buddy with the other team the minute the game is over.

Now THAT'S refreshing, thank you B. Amish......

It was reported today that James sent an email to Howard congratulating him on the win. That's a show of sportsmanship that I agree with.

I have no problem with him not wanting to shake hands after losing in the confrence finals......you work so hard and are let down and drained....the last thing on your mind is to go over and congratulate the other team.....if he does classy move but if it makes you so mad and dissapointed that you lose that you can't talk or stand to be around anyone that is fine also....it shows heart, pride, and a will to get better which is the way I guess Lebron felt after the game......

Originally Posted By: B. Amish
I thought it was kind of refreshing. After you lose, you should be upset. It bugs me when these guys are all buddy-buddy with the other team the minute the game is over.

Now THAT'S refreshing, thank you B. Amish......

It was reported today that James sent an email to Howard congratulating him on the win. That's a show of sportsmanship that I agree with.

YES!!! Refreshing Sportsmanship via email, who wouldn't agree with that. That sissy shake hands face to face stuff is way too overrated.

I have no problem with him not wanting to shake hands after losing in the confrence finals......you work so hard and are let down and drained....the last thing on your mind is to go over and congratulate the other team.....if he does classy move but if it makes you so mad and dissapointed that you lose that you can't talk or stand to be around anyone that is fine also....it shows heart, pride, and a will to get better which is the way I guess Lebron felt after the game......

I agree with ya Ozzie.

I agree that it's nice to see someone still into the game and reacting on emotions not just knowing they are all getting paid and going out and half trying.

So he didn't shake the winners hands, did anyone from Orlando go over to Lebron and say hey, you played your heart out and lost, good effort though?

No they couldn't do that because he was already 3/4 the way down the hallway into the locker room! I say it was a punk move on his part. You make all that money, you have all these fans, and you have all these little kids watching "King James" out there. Then they see you be a baby about losing and THEN say well if I get beat I won't shake his hand cause he just beat me. Sounds like a great role model to me!

Exactly B2fish and Cooter, like it or not he is the face of the NBA. With that said, he needs to suck it up and give a hand shake or a pound (if you will). It does not matter who he is or where you are from, sportsmanship is part of the game.